Search results

1. jcz

My last DeWalt Tool - ever

I have gone thru 2 DW impact drivers in 5 years. Both had the same trigger issue. I took the 1st one apart and fixed it by switching the trigger out of a drill. It worked for a year or so before it crapped out this fall. I got a new impact for Christmas so I have not attempted to fix it. I...
  2. jcz

Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector $100 off

I vent my HF DC outdoors and have climate controlled shop. Yes I lose some of my heated/cooled air but it really isn’t that bad. I do not leave it running Unnecessarily though. I have each tool Plummed in to 4” pvc with blast gates and the DC on remote. HF Dc has done a great job for me. I did...
  3. jcz

Laguna JX|8 vs. Jet JWJ-8HH Jointer

I have no complaints with my jet. It has only had light use in 5 years. Cutter blades still like new. Set up and adjustments are easy.
  4. jcz

pontoon boat seats

Could you use composite decking boards to build your seats?
  5. jcz

Stabilizing Acorns

I would think the moisture in the nut would be too high to be stabile.
  6. jcz

Drilling holes for drawer pulls

Forstner bit would get my vote.
  7. jcz

Repurpose Treadmill Motor

I modified one to use as a buffing/sanding motor. I robbed the control board and everything needed For the motor to operate. It worked okay but I couldn’t apply mush pressure to the “turning“ or it would slow it to a complete stop. It was from a cheap treadmill so I’m sure it was not a great...
  8. jcz

PE request from Apex to rocky mount

Awesome! I will also send my # to both of you. Much appreciated. Mark I will make the donation to the site asap.
  9. jcz

PE request from Apex to rocky mount

Anyone able to help out with a PE from @Melinapex in apex to anywhere near rocky mount? I’d be glad to offer some gas money for your troubles. It is a mobile base for a table saw so not a huge heavy part to move.
  10. jcz

HTC unisaw mobile base

I waited to see if anyone else would take this offer up. If it is still available I’d like to try to get it if we could arrange a pony express to rocky mount.
  11. jcz

Back by popular demand pop-pop's Tall Vise workshop August 26

I took this class last year. We had a great time and came away with a very useful tool. Highly recommend you take part of this class. Phil, Pop pop, Charlie, if you need another assistant for the day I’ll be available and would be more than happy to be able to give some assistance.
  12. jcz

Grizzly table saw G0771z - $400 (Seven Lakes)/not mine

Wow, I have the same saw. It’s been a good one for me. This price is a steal. If legit.
  13. jcz

Grinding wheels

Another vote for CBN wheel.
  14. jcz

SOLD - Wood Stash For Sale

If no one has picked it up by next Monday, I’d be interested. I will not be free until Tuesday or Wednesday.
  15. jcz

SOLD - Wood Stash For Sale

$150 for everything in all pics? And can it be picked up after Christmas or does it have to be done before?
  16. jcz

Powermatic 20" Planer 209 - $750 (Richmond) GONE

I have room if you’d like to buy it and I’ll store It. Lol I would love to get that but now is not the right time. Unfortunately
  17. jcz

Cheap chuck advice

I have used the psi utility chuck with good success. The tommy bars are a little clunky but once you get used to them they work fine. l upgraded to a G3 and a supernova2. Wish I had got 2 of the same style chucks. But they work very well also.
  18. jcz

Experience with smoke damage

Having been thru a house fire. I feel for you and family. Glad you all are safe. I lost all of my wood working equipment. No way to save any of it. Worst of all was losing my granddads drill press. It was so much nicer than the powermatic I replaced it with. As far as the motors on your...
  19. jcz

Vise workshop show off

I noticed it was not as tight as the ones we used in the workshop. The rounded edge of my lathe stand didn’t help matters either. This is not it’s permanent home though. I don’t have a traditional work bench so I will move it to we’re ever I’m working at the time.
  20. jcz

Vise workshop show off

Had a great time at the workshop Saturday. I would like to show off the completed project. Well almost completed. I still need to plug the pin holes on the side. I hope all others that attended can also show their vise in action. Thank you goes out to Pop Pop, Mike, and Phil for putting it...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS