Search results

1. Rick Mainhart

Sometimes all you need is a deadline

I have been considering making some crudite platters, and was in the design process when my wife told me she needed a platter for her chocolate chip cookies for an upcoming event. I'd already built up a blank 36" x 10" x 1.5" from some ash and cherry, so a quick visit back to the drafting...
  2. Rick Mainhart

Wanted - Construction lumber scraps - Greensboro/High Point Area

I know this may sound like a strange request, but a good friend of mine is into beekeeping, and is making his own woodware. In this quest, he needs some 2x4, 2x8, or 2x10 pine to make frame sides, and some 2x4 pine to make the frame tops and bottoms. Since the price of framing lumber is at an...
  3. Rick Mainhart

Hello All

Hi, I'm Rick from Kernersville. We moved here after I retired from the US Coast Guard in 1995. I've been woodworking since the early 1980s in one form or another. I started out with home improvement projects, and gradually moved into small projects and craft items. My woodworking experience...
  4. Rick Mainhart

Free Table Saw

I have a 10" Direct Drive (2 HP!) Sears/Craftsman Model 113.226880 table saw available for anyone wanting a project, or is willing to risk the motor completely quitting on you during your next project. Yes, the direct drive motor takes its own sweet time spinning up and while it does have the...
  5. Rick Mainhart

And then the magic smoke oozed out of the table saw ...

Yes, it's been that kind of day. I've been working on a large bookcase system for our church library, and today I was cutting the shelf edge pieces (3/4" x 1" air-dried poplar). The wood had a unique odor (reminded me of an extended visit to Hobby Lobby or Michael's), so I didn't think much...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS