Search results

1. K

Shop Ideas

For those of you that have a garage that doubles as your shop, I'm looking for storage ideas. Please post photos of your walls or storage areas. I'd be grateful.
  2. K

concrete

Does anyone have a name/number for someone in the Kannapolis Concord area that pours and finishes concrete. I need a 10'X40' slab for a carport poured. I'm having a hard time getting quotes.
  3. K

maple log

Where would one likely run across a maple log to make a dough bowl?
  4. K

Plywood Box Orientation

I need to build a plywood box that will be stained and not painted. Should the grain pattern on the box sides be vertical or horizontal? I can see it going either way so I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong here.
  5. K

Raleigh/Durham to Kannapolis/Concord

If anyone is traveling south from Raleigh anytime soon that can carry a scroll saw stand let me know. It is on hold for me. Thanks.
  6. K

dewalt scroll saw stand

Does anyone know if the current version of the dewalt scroll saw stand will fit type 1? I would think it would but I want to get some affirmation on this if anyone knows.
  7. K

dewalt scroll saws type1 vs type2 again

I know that the main difference between Types 1 & 2 is 1 is made in Canada while the other is made in Asia. What are the other differences. I found a type 1 but it is a pretty far piece from me. I found a type 2 with stand and light that is all brand new still in the boxes. They were bought...
  8. K

Router Bit Storage

I am redoing my router table to make new accommodations in my shop. I have most(99%) or my router bits still in the packages (they are 98% whiteside bits, LOVE 'EM). My question is do most of you store them outside of the packages or keep them in packages. I have kept them in the packages as I...
  9. K

CL Delta TS

Not mine but a good deal nonetheless http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/5636046011.html
  10. K

CL - Jointer

Not mine but it would be a good deal for someone even with the straight knives. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/5608843891.html
  11. K

Brand compare

I have a project that I need to finish. What I have to try to match it to is minwax special walnut. Does the espresso or walnut stains from general finishes come close enough? I want a water back base stain.
  12. K

Help figuring out TS

I have a Delta Unisaw model # 36-944. I got it used so I don't have a manual. I bought the saw several years ago and it has given me great service and cuts until the other day. I was cutting some stock shut the machine off went to lunch, came back and started it up. It hummed and the blade...
  13. K

Building a CNC

Those of you that have built your own CNC, where did you get the parts and what plans did you follow. Also what are the costs. I'm looking at possibly building a 2' X 4' bed
  14. K

carter circle cutter

Does anyone in the Kannapolis area have one that I can borrow for a couple of hours? I have a circle router lined up for this project but my shop made circle cutter broke and I need these to be pretty accurate. If not that's okay I'll make a run to the store and pick one up.
  15. K

Parallel Guides

Anyone have any feelings one way or the other with regards to the One Time Woodpecker Festool Parallel Guides versus the Festool version? They are about the same dollars and the Woodpecker is less if you don't get the systainer. I have been looking at getting a guide for my festool tracksaw but...
  16. K

What wood is this

I need to know what this is.
  17. K

Manual Storage

After using several different search terms I can't seem to find a post from a few months ago where someone had posted about storing/organizing tool manuals. Anyone else remember this?
  18. K

Router Circle Jig

I am need of a circle jig for a router. I have done a homemade jig to cut circles but I need to route a round nose groove in some blocks so that it holds a dome similar to a cake stand might be. I was looking at the Festool MFS 400 but it doesn't go small enough for some of me blocks. So I was...
  19. K

Your Go To Finish

As the title says, What is your go to finish for what I call the 4 basic woods (Oak, Cherry, Maple and Walnut) Personally, I haven't found mine yet but thought I'd pick y'alls brains to see what y'all do.
  20. K

Milk paint

Those of you that have used General finishes milk paint, what have you put over it if anything?. I have to spray a plywood cabinet white after I prime it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS