Search results

1. S

Freud Premier Adjustable Rail and Stile Router Bit - ISSUES

This isn't so much a review (YET) as a post looking for anyone using this router bit system. I bought this to make 8 Doors for a built in bookshelf and I got all the rails done and on about the 14th stile I noticed I was missing the profile on the outside edge. At first I assumed the router...
  2. S

Looking for Painter in Holly Springs Area

I'm looking for a painter to spray 2 built in bookcases (one on either side of a fireplace). Anyone know anyone good, honest and reliable? Hard to find that today! Thanks Steve
  3. S

Making Adjustable Shelves with a Router

I've posted a new blog entry and a YouTube! video about making adjustable shelves with a router. Check it out if you're interested. Thanks Steve http://www.TheDustyDeveloper.com
  4. S

Bookcase Design Question

A buddy of mine wants me to build him 2 built in bookcases. One will have two columns of approx 28" shelfs while the other one will have a large open area for a 55" tv, a full width (~56") shelf above the tv and then from there its splits into 2 columns of shelves. 2 questions related to the...
  5. S

What material - Painted Flat Panel Doors

I'm going to make a built in bookcase/tv stand for a friend of mine. He wants it painted so I plan to make the doors from Poplar with a flat panel to match the rest of the house. I was planning on using 1/4" MDF for the panels since its just going to be painted. Any concerns re: material...
  6. S

Build Your Own Marking Gauge

If you are interested in building your own marking gauges, I’ve just posted a blog entry and a video on YouTube. Feel free to check it out. This one is made from Osage Orange and Cocobolo. http://www.thedustydeveloper.com/2012/03/build-your-own-marking-gauge.html Thanks Steve
  7. S

Festool Discounts - Any Available?

Want to get a Festool Dust Extractor - possible in a combo kit with either the 1400 router or TS55 - naturally I'd like both (and a domino) but wouldn't everyone. Does anyone know if we get 10% off at Klingspor or anywhere else? What about the Charlotte show - I've never been. Steve
  8. S

Hovarter Single Handle Custom Face Vise

I've replaced the twin screw face vise on my Holtzapffel Bench with a Hovarter Single Handle Custom Face Vise from www.HovarterCustomVise.com. I wrote a quick review and posted two 20+ minute assembly/review video's on YouTube. Check you my blog if you're interested in a killer vise...
  9. S

Lie-Nielsen Rabbet Block Plane (with Nickers)

I’ve posted a review of this hand plane on my blog – check it out if you’re interested. http://www.thedustydeveloper.com/2011/09/lie-nielsen-rabbet-block-plane-60-12-r.html
  10. S

Charles Neil's Pre-Color Conditioner - Blotch Control

I’ve posted a written review and my video review of Charles’ blotch control on my blog. Overall its a great product. Easy to use, non-toxic and it just plain works. http://www.thedustydeveloper.com/2011/10/review-charles-neals-pre-color.html
  11. S

Holtzapffel Workbench

I've video taped and blogged about my Holtzapffel Workbench at my blog, www.TheDustyDeveloper.com. There is nearly 2 hours of video (linked from youTube) in case anyone is interested. Thanks Steve View image in gallery
  12. S

Delta 28-212/28-293 Bandsaw

I have a line on one of the bandsaws and I'm thinking of getting it. Anyone have one or know anything good/bad about it. Seems to be made in usa so that's a good start.
  13. S

Lie Nielson factory visit

Going back to Maine in August (I grew up there) and thinking of going to lie nielson while I'm there. Anyone been? Worth the trip?
  14. S

Klingspor Wood Sale - This Weekend

Just left Klingspor and they told me there will be a wood sale this weekend. $3 Curly and Hard Maple and $3.50 Cherry.
  15. S

Southport to raliegh - any good diversions?

Staying a couple days on bald head island and then driving back to raliegh area (Clayton). Any can't miss places along the way?
  16. S

Table Saw - not 90 degrees after lowering blade

I had noticed some vibrations (by sound more than anything) after I installed my zero clearance insert. It sounded like the blade was rubbing on the insert. I've realized today that when I raise the blade and spin it by hand (unplugged of course) the blade moves freely and doesn't touch the...
  17. S

Assembly Table and Tool Cabinet

These are still a work in progress but so far I really like them. The assembly table is loosely based on The Wood Whisperers design but I made it a little smaller and put it on wheels. The torsion box is very nice. It was easy to build and is very flat and strong. Still need to wrap it with...
  18. S

Oshlun Saw Blades

I was doing a bunch of plywood work and I just wasn't happy with the crosscut performance of my basically new Forrest WWII blade when cross cutting the plywood - even with a zero clearance insert. I was getting some small, maybe 1/16 inch chips on the bottom side. I was just building and...
  19. S

Scribeing built in bookcase - need advice

A buddy of mine wants me to build him built in bookcases on each side of his fireplace. Opening measures 59" so I plan to make it about 58" and scribe the stiles to match the wall before I attach them. Seems easy enough. The 12 inch deep bookcases will sit on top of a 24" deep cabinet. My...
  20. S

Amazon freud premium fusion full kerf $64

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000JNTG76/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1 This kerf is 68. I just bought the WWII or I'd definately get this. WWII is unbelievable though

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS