Search results

1. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

Mark, they are very busy! But, thanks for the suggestion!
  2. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

I've been thinking and for what I am trying to get out of this one log is really only one project! I hate to waste wood and that is what I feel I would be doing with a chainsaw approach! The redesign is my cheapest option here. The wood needs to dry of course and that will be hard on my limited...
  3. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

Thanks, I have a fourteen inch bandsaw and I think a guy down the road a bit has a 19" incher! I am going to see him later today! I may do the chainsaw thing, it will just require a little redesign that;s all! :-)
  4. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

There should be no metal in it at all! This grew in my front yard since being a seedling! I've known this tree for most of it's life!
  5. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

I can get it onto a truck, but one guy said it would not be worth his time. I sent him photos of the thing too. :-(
  6. Sharp Blade

I have a log!

I am in need of some help with sawing a 250lb. Bradford Pear log sitting in my driveway! I want to make a 2 inch (seat) bench top out of it! I need help because I can't seem to get a sawyer to even look at it to run it through a mill. Any ideas? It's too big for a chainsaw! More photos are in...
  7. Sharp Blade

Shaker Bench plans

I may purchase the hardware, but I have not made any decisions yet.
  8. Sharp Blade

Shaker Bench plans

I just found these Shaker bench photos from Benchcrafted. Anyone else ever seen these? Anyone build one? I'm thinking about it. I need an upgraded bench! http://benchcrafted.com/Benchbuilding.html
  9. Sharp Blade

Bamboo

Thanks to you all. I will do some testing to see what happens. I'll let you all know once I get the stuff in my shop.
  10. Sharp Blade

Bamboo

A friend of mine is giving me the remnants from his bamboo flooring adventure. I want to try to make some boxes from it. anyone have any suggestions on how to work the wood?
  11. Sharp Blade

Grizzly shipping question

I had Grizzly deliver to my door. Since I'm a girl the driver took pity on me and pulled the bandsaw (G0555) up to my garage. Maybe you should have a woman take delivery! LOL
  12. Sharp Blade

New Member... Matthews (Indian Trail)

Welcome Kevin, I am in Matthews just up the street from where Kevin saw the cool electric ukes. I'm going to have to check them out too. I too once hit the skins in my day! LOL I hope to meet up with you sometime. I'd love to see your work in person.
  13. Sharp Blade

TS sits there collecting dust...

Guys, you are right. Ripping and tenons are some of what I would miss. Once I fell off a horse and got back on again without missing a beat...I will tune up the TS and put her to work again. I will have to start saving for that SawStop! Thanks for the encouragement guys! I have such limited...
  14. Sharp Blade

TS sits there collecting dust...

Many of you remember that last year I cut the tip of my left middle finger off while doing a foolish thing on my table saw. I have avoided using the TS since. I have a great band saw, a mitre saw and a router table. I'm also getting pretty good at using my Dads old Disston. The only thing I...
  15. Sharp Blade

Air Force must be in trouble!

Congrats! I think! LOL :rotflm:
  16. Sharp Blade

Mystery pipe found....updated...mystery solved

Re: Mystery pipe found....any ideas ?? It's the poor man's (read contractor) to move water away from the foundation. I'll bet that you will find a violation order if you researched the building permits for your home. Technically a contractor cannot move water away from the house as you are...
  17. Sharp Blade

Boy, is this EVER woodworking!

Wow Dennis nice work!
  18. Sharp Blade

Flattening edges

Thanks for that video Patrick, I'll check it out. I will PM you if these other options don't work. CM is not too far from me. I used to work in Concord.
  19. Sharp Blade

Flattening edges

I see what you guys are talking about, using the router. But I failed to mention the boards are 1.5 inches thick! At this time, I don't have a bit that will be able to work. I can try the table saw method, but I haven't been back to the TS since I tried to shorten my left middle finger a couple...
  20. Sharp Blade

Flattening edges

This is (kinda) what I'm doing, I just mentioned the reference to the bandsaw table because it is the flattest place in my shop besides the granite block. What's got me so struck is that even when I do think I am right on, I'm not. I can see and feel the gap. Very weird. If it weren't walnut...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS