Search results

1. Steve_Honeycutt

Christmas ideas for the woodworker, under $100

How about 10bf of an exotic wood that you have never tried before?
  2. Steve_Honeycutt

The Saga Continues - Look at post #13 Hot water heater help

According to google, 210 degrees or 150 psi.
  3. Steve_Honeycutt

12” Sliding Compound Miter Saw and Oak Door/Window Casing

I’m posting for a friend. Location: Jamestown NC 12” Craftsman Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Trac with Stand $295 Approximately 222 linear feet of RedOak door/widow casing 11/16 x 3 1/2 $555 pm me for contact information
  4. Steve_Honeycutt

Chair Repair Needed

You do good work. I’m sure she will be happy with it.
  5. Steve_Honeycutt

Suggestions for clamping a desk longer than my clamps?

Izzy to the rescue with his version of wooden bar clamps.
  6. Steve_Honeycutt

Chair Repair Needed

I didn't ask. I would prefer that the owner and repairer work this out without me being in the middle.
  7. Steve_Honeycutt

Chair Repair Needed

Below are some pictures of a chair that is in need of repair. This is located in the Greensboro area. I can’t answer your questions because I’m posting this for someone else and I have not seen the chair myself. I can provide contact information for the owner. Steve
  8. Steve_Honeycutt

Padauk splines / sawdust

Have you tried cutting the splines over-sized and using a sander or plain sand paper to get to final thickness? A belt sander or random orbital sander would make quick work of it, but 80 grit sandpaper and sanding block would as well.
  9. Steve_Honeycutt

1st caricature try

Great first try. Have you tried a wooden chain, or wooden pliers yet? These are great conversation starters. Santa Clauses are similar to your gnome and make great gifts. So many things to carve, but so little time.
  10. Steve_Honeycutt

Ideas please...

My neighbor made wooden kazoos. He is 75 and he passed them out to his siblings and he said that had a wonderful jam session. Instructables has the plans Wooden Kazoo
  11. Steve_Honeycutt

need to round over inside edge

I would suggest looking into some of the Dremel bits. Many carvers use these for some of the finer details in carvings, like veins in feathers. You can also get very small sanding drums for use on a Dremel. If you don't have a Dremel tool, some of these bits can be used in a drill. These...
  12. Steve_Honeycutt

Belt Sander

Thanks for checking. Steve
  13. Steve_Honeycutt

Belt Sander

Good advice. I bought the sander used and these belts came with it. I hate to trash these belts, if they can be repaired and used.
  14. Steve_Honeycutt

Belt Sander

4”x24”
  15. Steve_Honeycutt

Belt Sander

I have several older belts for my belt sander where the glue joint has failed. Anyone know what kind of glue I can use to repair these belts?
  16. Steve_Honeycutt

1st Bandsaw box - blade advice

This is really good for your first attempt. A tip, you can use small pieces of felt or some flocking on the inside of the drawer openings to center the drawer and make it slide in and out easier.
  17. Steve_Honeycutt

For you scrollers - Ideas please....

I think you are talking about making the card more 3-d. Check out this video I think the birds would look really good using this technique.
  18. Steve_Honeycutt

Trout Landing Net

Would you consider taking us along on the journey. I have been thinking about making one as well.
  19. Steve_Honeycutt

Power carving bits

I have found the flame shape to be the best overall. You can draw smooth lines with it, drill holes, sand, create round indentions, etc. For quick stock removal, Kudzall and Typhoon are hard to beat, but they leave the wood rough. If you want a material that will leave the wood smooth...
  20. Steve_Honeycutt

The death of my first friend, my dad

Richard, sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS