Search results

1. Rhythm House Drums

Jet 1642 2hp lathe - inconsistant wobble.

Thank you all for the feedback. I've done some more research and investigating. I do lock down the tailstock and quill, so that's not the issue... Also the drums aren't turned that thin, and it's not the material moving on me. I had turned a large conga drum a big ago and I think this is...
  2. Rhythm House Drums

Thanks for your feed back. This gives me somewhere to start. I've had the lathe about 6 years and yes I typically run some heavy stuff - typically 15-20lb drums. I also run it in revers and put more pressure on it than I should for sanding... so maybe the bearings are telling me it's not a...
  3. Rhythm House Drums

Wondering if anyone has had this sort of issue before or any ideas where to start trouble shooting... The issue I'm having is that I'll smooth out a my piece on the lathe (I'm doing stave built drums, with slight taper. Sort of like a barrel but one end at 12" diameter and the other around 6...
  4. Rhythm House Drums

Steam bending walnut strips

I've not done much steam bending but have a project where I'd like to bend some rings between 9 and 18 inches diameter. The walnut strips are about 3/4 wide and just over 1/8 thick. I didn't soak them first and steamed about 30 min. - but they ended up swelling the 3/4 width by almost...
  5. Rhythm House Drums

Looking for Laser Engraver in Matthews - Charlotte area

Thanks for the suggestions. It seams a lot of these sign places don't do a whole lot of online advertising :) I found someone for my current project though so I'm happy.
  6. Rhythm House Drums

Looking for Laser Engraver in Matthews - Charlotte area

I previously have worked at a few sign and engraving shops.. so I've used laser engraving equipment quite a bit. One option I was giving my customers was to customize their drums with laser engraving. I've done some neat drums on the laser. However, I no longer work with or have access to an...
  7. Rhythm House Drums

Looking for a bandsaw

I'm looking for a used bandsaw. At least 1hp and 14 or 17". Been checking CL but thought I'd ask here as I'm not finding much. Not looking for the deal of a life time, just a fair price. MSG me if you have one or know someone. I'm in Charlotte but don't mind a bit of a drive.
  8. Rhythm House Drums

Looking for a custom Drawer Storage for shop

Thanks for the reply guys. I threw up a search on CL and found an office suite of cabinets and overheads for 500. It's in decent shape so I picked it up. Not ideal, but quick and way better than the "nothing" I was sporting before. I'm taking a few inches off the bottom as they all stood 36"...
  9. Rhythm House Drums

Looking for a custom Drawer Storage for shop

So I don't know how to build cabinets and although I'd love to learn, I need a solution for my shop and dont have time or space to start this type of project. I'd love to get someone local to build this for me. I'm looking for something similar to this...
  10. Rhythm House Drums

Flame Boxelder

I'm looking for about 20 BF of 4/4 flame boxelder. And a 2" thick 13x13" block. Any ideas where to find this stuff around here? I'm willing to pay to have it shipped in but not having much luck finding it.
  11. Rhythm House Drums

Kapex having rough cut issues - any ideas

Setup procedures? You mean these things aren't plug and play? Actually, I found out that if I lock the sliding mechanism the cuts are clean. It's something gone wrong/loose with the slide. I'll go through and make adjustments and see what happens. Festool told me to send it in. I think...
  12. Rhythm House Drums

Comment by 'Rhythm House Drums' in media 'Flip-top dual stander stand'

Thats impressive. Great design and implementation.
  13. Rhythm House Drums

Kapex having rough cut issues - any ideas

I was cutting some hard maple on the kapex miter saw the other day, nothing crazy thick or out of the ordinary. I had a few pieces 16" long 3/4" thick and maybe 2 inches wide I had milled them flat and square. I was using a stop block and cutting down to 5" lengths. Using the stock blade...
  14. Rhythm House Drums

Sandblasting wanted for rust removal

I picked up a cheap but heavy built 5x10 flat bed trailer. It's built with 4" c channel iron and steel sheet bed, some sort of heavy axle, not a trailer axel. Leaf springs, coil springs, and shock absorbers. 15" tires. Anyhow, it needs some work. I've put new tires on, repacked the bearings...
  15. Rhythm House Drums

Utility Trailer

I'm looking for a decent utility trailer. 4x8, 5x8, or 5x10. I Keep checking CL but mostly junk or new. Looking to spend around 400.00. Maybe a bit more if its nice. If you've got an extra one, or don't use yours, I'd love to look a it. -Kevin
  16. Rhythm House Drums

Thick wood

Thanks Bill for the photos. That gave me a great idea. Hopefully it will materialize soon cause its getting out of hand. I checked with Kyle about the wood, I get a lot from him, especially walnut. Waiting to hear back about the 12/4.
  17. Rhythm House Drums

Bandsaw reviews?

Anyone know anything about the shopfox saws? I see them often on Craigslist. I don't know that I'll need or have room for a 17" saw. My main goal is going to be as clean of an edge as possible. I guess the bigger saw can hold a wider blade which will give a smoother cut right? I'm only...
  18. Rhythm House Drums

Bandsaw reviews?

I've gotten by without a bandsaw until now. I'm having more projects where it would be useful, and some coming up where it's more of a must. My shop is small and I am trying to figure out where to out it. I will be needing a 14 or 17" model and might as well get one I can resaw on when the time...
  19. Rhythm House Drums

Thick wood

Does anyone stock wood over 2" thick regularly? I'm looking for some 2.5" think Ash, Walnut, and/or Maple. Also, my shop is turning into a wood collection with a few tools buried underneath. I'd love to build a little lean-to or shed to house the wood outside. Any ideas for this? Should it...
  20. Rhythm House Drums

High torque low RPM motor?

Thanks for all the ideas! Would it be a bad idea to tap into my lathe? Maybe a flywheel with a small grooved pulley wheel. Run a belt from that to a larger wheel on my roller. My lathe is 2hp and runs down to 50rpm. Maybe I could even open up the belt door and just run a belt in there, right...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS