Search results

1. D

Raleigh area to Virginia Beach

Scott - Great to hear from you and thanks for the offer. Looks like the seller has someone else looking at item today. I will let you know if it falls through. Hope all is going good for you. Take care Tim
  2. D

Raleigh area to Virginia Beach

Found a truck bed extender for my fishing kayak on marketplace. Looking for possible assistance to get from Raleigh area to Virginia Beach. Thanks, Tim
  3. D

And so the new shop begins

Congrats. Keep the pictures coming.
  4. D

Question re: Patterns for Turning

Ditto. I make a story stick from the supplied drawing and add my own measured dimensions. A rough initial piece is made and once approved by customer I complete the additional pieces. That is only if they have not provided me an original piece they want duplicated.
  5. D

Workshop electricity

Agree with larger amp subpanel, larger gauge wire than required, four gang boxes (2 different circuits) every other stud placed 52" above floor( will allow for 4x8 sheet of plywood against the wall without covering receptacle. I installed 3 overhead outlets also with retractable electrical...
  6. D

Tabletop Endgrain Butcher Block Specs

Ward, Really depends on customer. I made a Purple Heart and Maple and have had several people request the same. . . Tim
  7. D

Band Saw Question - Blade Width

George, Take a look at the Laguna 14 SUV. Takes 1 inch blade, 3 HP and same construction and features as the 16 and 18 3000 series. Good luck, Tim
  8. D

Any Suggestions ?

+1 for tape. . .
  9. D

African Mahogony

I would recommend Sapele over the African Mahogany. Especially if you are looking for a fine finish.
  10. D

Sealing and storing logs

+1. Anchor Seal and mill ASAP. Otherwise a few months down the road you may find a good pile of firewood and not much of anything else. . .
  11. D

Good place to buy lumber!

+1 !! Chris has a great place, excellent selection, better prices and it was a privilege spending the afternoon with him. Definitely will be back.
  12. D

Can we talk about 14" bandsaws

Take a look at the Laguna 14 SUV. Designed mainly for re-sawing. 3 hP motor. . .
  13. D

Making my own carbide turning tools

You guys are AWESOME> Another great lead! Thanks
  14. D

Wow. Great price. Thanks for the info.
  15. D

Thanks Dan. There is a Tractor Supply about 3 miles from me. Great gouge.
  16. D

Thanks so much for the info.
  17. D

Thanks Scott. Great info and I'm guessing a savings on the price.
  18. D

Thanks for the clarification and contact info.
  19. D

Thanks for the response. MSC only had the classifications I noted in my post. Any correlation to those??
  20. D

Just ordered my cutters from AZCarbide and have a question on ordering square stock for the tools: What type of steel do I order? Oil Hardened, Air hardened, Pre-hardened, Low Carbon, D2 or S-7? Thanks,:dontknow:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS