Search results

1. kave

CNC Work Needed

Good afternoon NCWW Community! I live in Clinton, NC. I am looking for someone (Raleigh area or closer) with CNC to do a small job for me. I'm building a chopping block for a customer, and he wants his last name engraved in the backboard. Below is a picture of what I need. Please let me know if...
  2. kave

Rocking Horse Build

The DW and I have friends who became grandparents this year so we wanted to build them a rocking horse for when the grands come to visit. We used some 8/4 white oak scrap my brother had used to floor a flat bed trailer. The handle and foot rest are the turnings Henry did for me. Thanks again...
  3. kave

Lathe work needed please

I do not have a lathe so I'm looking for someone who does to do 3 turnings for me. I need 1 dowel 3/4" x 12" long. 1 dowel 1" x 3" long and 1 dowel 1 & 1/4 inch x 18 inches long. I have the square stock for the turnings and I will gladly pay for the service. I live in Clinton, NC. Thanks in advance!
  4. kave

Accidents Do Happen

We hired a guy to remove the exterior siding and take down an old farm house. We had already salvaged the interior heart pine siding. The hand hewn seals was our primary target. The contractor had dug a hole and piled the few trees close to the structure. The hole he had dug was full and he...
  5. kave

Anyone with a CNC Router to etch a design in Red Oak

Good morning, I live in Clinton, NC and I am looking for someone with a CNC router to do an approximately 2" x 2" etching of the design below on a piece of red oak. I'm hoping to get this completed before the NC State Fair which begins Oct 11th. I wouldn't mind traveling to Raleigh and...
  6. kave

Grizzly Band Saw listing on Craigslist

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/grizzly-14-band-saw/6530487101.html Not Mine
  7. kave

Kave Woodshop Projects

I retired December 31st. Retirement is the second best job I've ever had. Being a Granddaddy is the best job! Here are a couple projects I've completed in retirement. Both are constructed from reclaimed barn wood. The Grill Cart has been finished with 3 coats of marine poly and is covered when...
  8. kave

Most recent project from The Cave (& last till fall)

Here a few pictures of an Entertainment Center build we just completed to replace the 15 year old particle board (sagging) one in our game room. The goal was to use what material I had in stock left over from other projects. The carcass dimensions are 48 w x 40 h x 14 d (basic dimensions of...
  9. kave

Humidor Design & Build Question

My son wants to build a humidor out of some reclaimed tobacco barn wood (SYP) we have from my family farm. Got to admit, I think it will be beautiful and love the sentimental aspect of it as well. But I'm concerned about mitigating moisture. I purchased Spanish cedar for interior lining of the...
  10. kave

Antique square find

I'm not really a collector of antique or early tools but found this square over the weekend at a shop near Holly Ridge, NC. The owner listed the item as 1800's period. I have no means to verify or dispute that claim. And based on what I paid for it $35, I know it was not a "Hot Deal". I...
  11. kave

Rocking Horses Completed

My first granddaughter turns 1 year old on September 2nd. She gets the best of these three completed rocking horses. We have three boys and the others will get a rocking horses for the first child's 1 year old birthday. We finished them with a mixture of 1/2 poly & 1/2 acetone. We are pleased...
  12. kave

Outdoor "Man Chairs" for The Cave Patio

The DW and I have needed to replace our patio seating at "The Cave". While watching a recent episode of Cabin Fever we got an inspiration. So here's our version. The chair sides or arm rests are dressed 6x6 yp we purchased from our local sawmill. They are 30 inches long and stacked 4 high glued...
  13. kave

Finish Recommendations on Rocking Horse built out of Cherry

This is a WIP Rocking Horse I'm making for my grand daughter. While it needs final assembly and another sanding or 2, I would like to receive recommendations from you good folks on type of finish. In the spirit of full disclosure this is one of three rocking horses I'm currently building. Even...
  14. kave

Sears Craftsman Drill Press Upgrades

Some will recall I recently found a vintage 1975 Craftsman drill press locally on craigslist. I've completed a few upgrades that will maximize it's use and effectiveness in my shop. The overall objective on this project was to use what materials I had and minimize expenditures. First, I fitted a...
  15. kave

#5 Jack Plne found in Durham on Craigslist

Not mine. Don't know if its a deal or not. Thought someone here might be interested. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/4824238151.html
  16. kave

Sears Craftsman Drill Press 15 1/2" Purchase

Finally found a drill press I could get excited about. The best I can determine is it's a 1975 model 100% Made In The USA. The head is cast iron. It has Jacobs chuck and a 4 inch quill (I think that's right). This is a heavy piece of equipment. The unit is in excellent working condition. I'm...
  17. kave

Central Machinery 16 speed Drill Press- looking for ncwoodworker suggestions

Can anyone here give me insight on this brand of Drill Press? http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/4770632640.html I've never heard of Central Machinery. I've kinda been looking a good drill press for some time now. Would have bought the one listed hear a few months ago but was too late on...
  18. kave

Nativity Scene

Last Christmas my DW asked me to build a stable replica for her Nativity figurines. I built it out of some barn wood I reclaimed. We finally got it setup.Here's a cell phone pic. He is the Reason For The Season
  19. kave

PeachTree Woodworking Caster Deal

Here's the link to the Peachtree Caster deal http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102814_casters.htm
  20. kave

Latest Project from the Kave Woodshop

I finally got the last item I needed to complete my latest project. Below are a few pictures. The star of the show is the tobacco that my family proudly grows. These boxes are made from reclaimed barn wood. The front trim are tobacco sticks that we used to hang the tobacco in the barns for...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS