Search results

1. Jeremy Scuteri

Laundry Room Makeover

My father in law helped me with a laundry room makeover that my wife has been requesting for a few years now. We built a platform to lift the front loading washer and dryer up off the ground and installed some cabinets that were purchased at Lowes. Here is the laundry room before we moved...
  2. Jeremy Scuteri

Cherry Bookcase

I built a cherry bookcase for my niece. I had some pieces of cherry from another project that had a "mid project change of direction". The pieces were intended to be panels in a large frame and panel headboard for a bed. I figured I could make a bookcase with frame and panel sides. The...
  3. Jeremy Scuteri

2020 Raffle Sales Plot - Raffle Ends in 7 Days

Hi Everyone. We have the virtual raffle in 7 days: Virtual Raffle Drawing Don't miss out on this years great raffle prizes: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/2020-ncww-raffle-official-prize-list.69308/ Buy your tickets here...
  4. Jeremy Scuteri

2020 Raffle Sales Plot

It's been a while since I bought some raffle tickets. I forgot how great the prizes are this year (Thanks @bowman) I just bought a few tickets. Prize List: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/2020-ncww-raffle-official-prize-list.69308/ Purchase Tickets...
  5. Jeremy Scuteri

Black Walnut & Curly Maple Hall Table

I had a friend stay with us for about 2.5 months. We decided to build a project together, it was his 1st woodworking project and a custom design. I had some thick curly maple that we resawed for the top. Flattened one face using the planer and a sled w/ shims Milled up some black walnut...
  6. Jeremy Scuteri

Floating Shelf with Shaper and Power Feeder

I spent some time using the shaper with the power feeder that I installed back in February. (https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/power-feeder-mounting-install.69273/) I'm making a floating shelf for a soundbar that will sit under a wall mounted TV. I'm really impressed with the...
  7. Jeremy Scuteri

Hydraulic Lift Table Troubleshooting

Back in January I picked up an electrically powered hydraulic lift table at an auction. It raises and lowers with foot-pedals that control a motor and solenoid down valve. Below is the lift table. It has been very nice to put the work at any height I want. Prevents me from bending over in...
  8. Jeremy Scuteri

Cherry Headboard

I set out to make a bed about 4.5 years ago after my wife asked for a simple headboard. I designed a bed in sketchup which took a while to do and started building it about 5 years ago. Then we moved and I built the new shop which really took a long time. My wife bought a headboard several...
  9. Jeremy Scuteri

Black Walnut Floating Top End Table

11 years ago I bought some black walnut for dirt cheap. Note the piece on the far right. I thought that was an interesting piece at the time, but never know what I would use it for. The bench is 60" long for reference. Some cleanup Crosscut on the slider Then off to the bandsaw Some...
  10. Jeremy Scuteri

Power Feeder Mounting/Install

I picked up this power feeder at an auction a while back, before the new house and the basement shop build, so this was a few years ago. I finally drilled and tapped the holes in the shaper table and put it in place. I went with 7/16-20 bolts, I could have used 1/2" instead, but I figured a...
  11. Jeremy Scuteri

Phenolic Resin from Bruce

I decided to make up some zero clearance inserts (ZCI) for my Grizzly table saw. I am using some phenolic resin that I got from @sawman101 (Bruce). I cut strips to width on the table saw, cut curves over sized on the bandsaw and used a flush trim bit on the router. Drilled a finger hole and...
  12. Jeremy Scuteri

Made a Lacewood Shelf with my Daughter

I asked my daughter if she wanted to make a shelf for her room together. I got out the dry erase board and suggested something like this: Right away, she rejected that design and sketched her own with 3 shelves and hooks at the bottom. Ok, well at least she knows what she wants! :) A few...
  13. Jeremy Scuteri

Tool Wall

I'm starting to take advantage of the empty wall space in the shop. I turned my workbench around so that the wall would be accessible by simply turning around. The large tool wall surface is drywall with a piece of OSB attached and painted white. The OSB was leftover from the shop floor...
  14. Jeremy Scuteri

Table Saw Central

I have had table saw outfeed support on my "To Do" list for quite some time. Naturally another table saw is the obvious choice for outfeed support. I went with a Grizzly table saw and I finally have everything in place. Here is the saw when it first arrived. I bribed some neighbor kids to...
  15. Jeremy Scuteri

Grizzly G1023 Mods - Drilling Holes in Metal - Outfeed Support

After some encouragement at the shop crawl, I mustered up the courage to drill some holes in cast iron. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I started with a small hole (1/8") and then went to 1/4" then 3/8". The first hole was by far the hardest and most time consuming to drill. After...
  16. Jeremy Scuteri

How to create a "Sub Album/Folder" in the Media Section

I am trying to create an album for the pictures from the Shop Crawl. I found the location of the previous shop crawls (see picture below), but I can't figure out how to create a new folder/album. Any suggestions?
  17. Jeremy Scuteri

Drill Press Cabinet

I finally finished my Drill Press Cabinet. It was mostly based on the Woodsmith Shop design shown below: First the base was built using poplar and plywood. Next was a platform to go over the mobile base. Both pieces are on wheels. One of the modifications is a...
  18. Jeremy Scuteri

Limit of 5 people in a "Conversation"?

There seems to be a 5 person limit for PMs/Conversations. Is there a way to change that? I can't talk to all the Shop Crawl hosts in a single PM which has obvious ramifications. Also, how do you add more names to an existing PM/Conversation?
  19. Jeremy Scuteri

NCWW Calendar

How do I add an entry to the NCWW Calendar? This is what I see:
  20. Jeremy Scuteri

Are you in the Triad area?

Are you in the Triad Area? If you are, you should consider being one of the shops on the upcoming Shop Crawl. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/shop-crawl-it-is-time.67326/#post-626147 All responses should be posted in the linked thread above. I want to keep as much as...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS