Search results

1. mark2

Looking for a user Back Saw

Have you looked at the Veritas saws?
  2. mark2

Finishing/ sealing ROUGH sawn cedar

might try a single pass (or two) with a smoothing or jack plane instead of sanding - should take off a bit of the rough feel without affecting the appearance much.
  3. mark2

One more product gone down hill

I like 3m 8979 for most purposes - sticks well and doesn't leave adhesive behind when removed
  4. mark2

G&G inspired Sofa table

Thanks for the comments / compliments - Honey likes it, now off the home decor stores for items to adorn the shelf.
  5. mark2

Chess Set

Great looking set
  6. mark2

G&G inspired Sofa table

Finished today for wife's Valentines gift - African Mahogany with Katalox accents Finish is TransTint dyes -(brown and Orange) followed by GF Arm-R-Seal Breadboard ends Drawbored, stretchers all Mortise and Tenon. Top attached using "Z" clips 60.75" long, 14.5 deep and 31" tall - Top is single...
  7. mark2

Grandfather Clock

looking forward to finished project - looks great so far
  8. mark2

How did this happen?

did the board have any sort of feet under it to allow air circulation? - trapped moisture under it could cause uneven expansion of the woody fibers
  9. mark2

New Boxes

Great looking boxes - love all the figured wood choices
  10. mark2

Portable chisel rack?

might be tempted to go more like this
  11. mark2

Planer / Tool cart

Thanks All Scott - The extensions may happen when I have a need - also thinking the back would be a great spot to hang a rack for my F style clamps Bill - slides are Liberty, casters are D&L - both through Amazon...
  12. mark2

Dewalt recall

Thanks - just ordered repair kit from Dewalt
  13. mark2

White Oak

Nice looking slabs. What chain are you using for milling?
  14. mark2

Planer / Tool cart

Needed a stand for my new planer to help move it out of garage when used, also need a place to store hand and handheld power tools when not in use Materials were big box maple ply and some soft maple for frames and drawer fronts - dimensions 26W x 41Lx 36T - 1/2" lip around top edge so stuff...
  15. mark2

Need Help Identifying Species

I'd go with maple as well - Oaks tend to split with long slivers, maple is shorter grained. Rays may indicate Curly patterns
  16. mark2

Shopfox jointer - turning off after a few seconds

Not being an Electrician, I am sure there is better advice available, but I would first check that all wires in the plug are securely connected. If that didn't show any trouble or cure the problem, I would look for mechanical resistance in the cutter head or motor by spinning each with power...
  17. mark2

The WoodSpot- Charlotte (advice welcomed)

I'm in for south / west side as well Rudy - The canoe looks great, would like to see more of it
  18. mark2

The WoodSpot- Charlotte (advice welcomed)

where in CLT are you going to be? - Interested in a local source of materials

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS