Search results

1. bman

options for building a small box lid

Joe have to say didn't think of that one.... great solution thanks barry
  2. bman

options for building a small box lid

so i f i understand correctly you want a lip in side the box lid to seal it this is one approach cut a 3/8 dado around the box at the location you want to separate the lid...keep the depth about 1/8 less then the thickness of the sides.Then use you table saw to cut the lid almost...
  3. bman

NYW Router Table

pm me i think i might be able to help you barry
  4. bman

Planer or Jointer First?

Planer for sure ...try to find one with the locking head ...my old delta does not and that can lead to some small variation in multiple stock runs they create a lot of vibration and noise so make sure you got some hearing protection too enjoy your new tooltoy:gar-La; barry
  5. bman

Router Advice

Dan i like the Bosch evs1619 :icon_scra(i believe that the model #) 3.25 hp plunge best part is it has a built in spring release with a fine adjust extension knob easy to use in a router table with variable speed ...bad points it does not fit any lifts that i know of (but they kind of built...
  6. bman

Finished Project from the picnic!

that is a awsome job AAA+++......i have been thinking of doing some carving myself..... did you do it with a power carver or all hand tools ? very cool barry
  7. bman

another norm router table WIP

well guys the new plate arived good to go not perfect but close enough the dust collection gets about 70% of the chips may need to install some baffels to change the air flow or i will just live with it.......... that is much better than 0% i think we'll stick a fork in her cause wee's done...
  8. bman

did you build your lift ???
  9. bman

Update !!! well we are about 99% done here are some more pics for you guys the router plate i got from rockler was warped they are sending me a replacment i hope that one not warped if it is i am getting the one from woodpecker
  10. May11_0002

May11_0002

11. May11_0003

May11_0003

12. May13_0002

May13_0002

13. bman

??? straight or twist

Johnny i would agree ...i think a lot depend on the quality of bit ...... mine are ebay specials carbide but cheep i have had them about 3yrs now use um twice maybe 3 times and toss them been replacing with the CMT and W\S BIG!!!!! Difference i got a down cut CMT on the way from amazon Barry
  14. bman

??? straight or twist

:gar-Crwell is't going to be a straight bit the Ral woodcraft didnt have either up or down they say the down cut arent very popular :icon_scra didn't want a HSS bit (allready burned one of those up ) MDF is tough on HSS bits :eusa_doh:should order on line last sunday .....so i have add...
  15. bman

??? straight or twist

down cut it will be ...... what about a compression bit anyone every use one of those?????
  16. bman

??? straight or twist

in this case i will be cutting from the bottom to the top MDF core to a laminate top and David..... love that "straight bits belong in the recycle bin":rotflm: the exit point on the top is the most important so i guess i need to stick with the up cut
  17. bman

??? straight or twist

hey guys which is better for plowing groves with a router a straight bit or a spiral up cut already have my beginning and ending pilot holes looking for the smoothest sides this is in MDF (i would think the spiral ) barry
  18. bman

thanks travis i am pretty happy :BangHead: (knock on wood)with it so far shoud be a great addtion to the shop
  19. May06_0003

May06_0003

20. bman

hey fred been lurking .....just hadnt had much to contribute things have sure changed how do i get the photos to my gallery?:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: i took um with my cell phone ....not the best quality .....we need to get together sometime soon like to see ...... what new tools\toys...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS