Search results

1. Graywolf

We are asking for your support

Good morning everyone, I’m writing this to ask for your help. We are promoting our annual raffle with over $13,000 in prizes. Tickets are on sale for $5 a piece with the drawing happening at our annual picnic May 18th at Seaforth Beach recreation area in the Jordan Lake State Park area of North...
  2. Graywolf

Golden mallet award voting

if you haven’t voted for the Golden Mallet award please show your support for our nominees and vote! The link to vote is here. Golden Mallet - VOTING
  3. Graywolf

New promo video for us

please enjoy, and try not to throw to many vegetables.
  4. Graywolf

Hand saw restoration and sharpening workshop

This is a feeler post to find out what the interest if any in western style handsaw restoration and sharpening. If we can put together enough interest let’s say 6 participants then I would like to put this on. This workshop will cover assessing a saw for its future usability, ie is it worth...
  5. Graywolf

Finishing workshop series for 2024

I will be posting the introduction to finishing workshop soon. I know there are several folks who signed up for the waitlist from last year. When we do come up with a date we will reach out to the wait list first and then post from there.
  6. Graywolf

Hand saw skills workshop

I would like to do the hand saw skills workshop again. When Saturday March 30 at 10am until early afternoon Where Bill Clemmons Shop in Liberty Lunch, we will order pizza and its usually around $7.00 each Number of students 6 Cost is a donation to the site, I would recommend $50.00 if you can...
  7. Graywolf

Thank you to all the volunteers this past year.

Without you we would not be able to accomplish any of our outreach, so if you came out to any of the events to help out thank you. You are why we are here. Aside from our out reach, we have administrators and moderators who handle the day to day operations of our site. Without you this site...
  8. Graywolf

Thank you to the fellow board members

I’d like to thank all of the board members for all their hard work this past year. We accomplished a lot and should be proud. I look forward to this year and all we will do.
  9. Graywolf

Post drill mounted and all most ready

this little fellow has set around a little to long so I mounted it today and I’m waiting on a new Chuck and it’ll be ready to go. All it needed was a light cleaning everything is functioning perfectly. this will be a nice addition to the workshop.
  10. Graywolf

It’s that time of year again

As we celebrate all of the winter holidays and the closing of another year, I find myself sitting quietly in my shop listening to the sounds of the morning. It is my favorite room and I enjoy just being in it. I also enjoy looking back at this past year and the accomplishments we as a community...
  11. Graywolf

This is my first epoxy pour.

This will be a clock face when finished. It’s an old cedar piece I found at my father’s after he passed. My oldest sister liked it a said it would be a nice clock and then walk away from it. So I slid it on the back burner. It needed some flattening so Bill Clemmons kindly ran it through his...
  12. Graywolf

Sunday morning chat?

Have we lost interest in the Sunday morning chat? We have it every Sunday morning at 9am. All are welcome to join.
  13. Graywolf

Klingspor In Winston!

If you are looking for something to do or just want to get out and about, come see us at the Klingspor Woodworking shop in Winston Salem. Lots of demos and lots of deals! We look forward to seeing everyone there!
  14. Graywolf

Happy Thanksgiving!

No matter how you celebrate this day of thanksgiving. I hope everyone enjoys and is spending time with family and friends. Be safe and take time to be grateful for all we have. Thank you.
  15. Graywolf

Dovetail marker saddle squares

I spent a couple afternoons this week at the bench. I had a visitor from the Extravaganza had admired my dovetail markers. so asks if I’d make some for him. I finally got around to it this week. I made up parts for eight markers. I completed four. this a designed to be used with a pencil...
  16. Graywolf

I’ve been practicing and learning as I go!

this is just a start. A couple of practice boards and the switch/ plug plates are a great place to practice. I get enjoy the result and learn to improve as I go.
  17. Graywolf

This years Extravaganza!

A big thank you to everyone who came out and participated in the Extravaganza. Without you, we would not be able to do these events. Your input and hard work are invaluable to this organization. We set up in a new and much larger location this years and had four lathes and four scroll saws going...
  18. Graywolf

A continuation of the finishing series “The Spraying Workshop” sign up page!

We will look at conventional spray systems and turbine spray systems. From setting up a spray gun for your particular needs to setting up your work area, clean up and waste management. We will discuss many of the problems encountered and how to remedy and avoid these problems. the place will be...
  19. Graywolf

Post drills

This little fellow followed me home last week. it cleaned up well, everything is complete and it runs well. Now to up fit a Chuck and adjust for small amount of run out.
  20. Graywolf

Scholarships established

we are very excited to announce, we have set up two scholarships with Haywood County Community College. These scholarships are for the woodworking program they offer. They are in the name of North Carolina Woodworker. The college will award them in the spring. We will continue to raise funds for...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors