Search results

1. W

walnut, maple. cherry coffee table

The contrasting grain and color of the cherry top really make it pop. It illustrates the fact that grain matching does not always mean you need to have consistent color and patterns (and sapwood is OK if used correctly). Very nice. Warren
  2. W

Charlotte Area Get Together/Finishing the Finish workshop

Sounds like a good time. I will plan to come but will be there a 1:00 to 1:30. I normally get out of church around 12:00. Warren
  3. W

Hand Plane Workshop

My wife has asked me to be out of the house on the weekend of Sept 15 to 17. I would attend if it is on any of those dates. Warren
  4. W

Need some Oak soon

Jim, I have a bountiful supply of red and white oak and am in Union County NC. Just a short distance from Columbia, SC. PM me if you are interested. Warren
  5. W

Close Call for the shop

If I have to take the tree down there will be a lot of special things comming out of it. It is about 30" diameter breast high and a good 40' to the first limb. Warren
  6. W

Close Call for the shop

Re: Close Call for the shop Act II Who says lightning never strikes the same place twice. About 11:00 pm last night our dog woke LOML with frantic pushes with his nose. There was lightning and thunder again and I thought he was just being skittish from the excitement of last night. As I was...
  7. W

Close Call for the shop

Last night I woke up standing next to the bed wondering what had exploded in the back yard. There had been a bright flash of light and similtaneous shot like a rifle only louder. This morning I walked out to see if there had been any damage and there was a 6' X 2" by 2" piece of oak stripped...
  8. W

cedar or cypress needed

LOML has decided that she would like the easy to build glider featured in the latest Wood magazine. It calls for about 60 bd ft of cedar but cypress would also work well. I can live with some tight knots. Does any anyone have a stash and if so can you PM me with pricing information. Near...
  9. W

I need to find a router bit

When I was faced with a similar situation last spring when I will doing some kitchen remodeling I invistigated having a custom bit made. A local sharpening service could make a custom router bit that was the exact profile for around $100. However, on the way down to order it I just stopped by...
  10. W

Start of a cyclone build

I did that. It looks like you soldered your joints. Since my steel is not galvanized I cannot really to that very easily. I am using pop rivets so there will be some turbulence anyway. Just one little bite on a finger from a sharp burr on a hole I had drilled.
  11. W

Start of a cyclone build

Last Saturday I picked up a load of scrap someone had left in the woods behind our house (car hood, old stove, other scrap iron). I had today off for President’s day so I hauled it out to C & C Metals in Marshfield and traded it for a 4 X 8 sheet of 22 gage steel. While I was there I also picked...
  12. Layout2

Layout2

13. Steel_on_Trailer

Steel_on_Trailer

14. Tin_Snips

Tin_Snips

15. Sliproll

Sliproll

16. Cone1

Cone1

17. Cone_Cut_Out

Cone_Cut_Out

18. W

Poppy Table all done except ...

Re: tell me more about the top Thanks to all who responded with the kind comments. Warren
  19. W

Great CL buy on industrial 5hp bandsaw

Wish I had the $1000 for it. I know just what I would do with it.
  20. W

High Ceilings

I have 10' ceilings in the shop. I will need to upgrade my lighting at some time. Sounds like your fixtures will not work for me. Warren

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS