Search results

1. ChrisB

Looking for Walnut boards

Phil, we do have some 12/4 stock but it's mostly 3 - 4" wide originally planned for leg stock, and we have some 6/4 planks. Is there anything in particular you're looking for? Adam, the mill is off the beaten path in the Mill Spring area. My partner and I both live in Raleigh and try to get...
  2. ChrisB

Looking for Walnut boards

Hi Mickey, I've sent an email but I thought I'd respond here as well. A friend and I operate a small sawmill operation in Polk County and we have a lot of walnut that's been air drying anywhere from 5 years to 90 days. It's mostly 4/4 but we do have some 5/4 and a small amount of thicker...
  3. ChrisB

First Time at Hardwood Store of NC...Wow!

I've had them deliver a number of times and their rate to Raleigh was quite reasonable. Of course, it's nothing like the experience of being there.
  4. ChrisB

Sunburst table I am working on. (Updated 11/17)

Re: Sunburst table I am working on. I'm looking forward to this coming together. Thanks!
  5. ChrisB

Amboyna / Blackwood Segemented pen - #999

Sharp pen, Adam! I can' imagine turning 1000 pens - I've done about 100 and needed to take a break from them.
  6. ChrisB

Walnut Box

Nice work Susan! What did you glue the veneer to - MDF, solid wood?
  7. ChrisB

Dust Deputy or VORTEX???

I recently bought the Vortex and it works quite well in containing dust and debris. My only complaint is that it tends to tip over easily so one of these days I'll try putting a weight in the bottom of the container to stabilize it. The Vortex also came with a 'flexform' hose that I found to...
  8. ChrisB

How does a seller mark an item as SOLD or remove the ad when sold?

Hi Cathy, I was able to delete my ad by going to the Classifieds section and clicking on My Settings. My ad came up with a drop down box giving me the option to delete the ad. I hope this helps... Chris
  9. ChrisB

Minor gloat...

Hi Mike, I have one similar to this and it looks like you're missing the table insert and the blade wrench both of which can be found online. You'll probably spend as much on the replacement parts as you did for the saw but I'd still consider that a pretty good deal if the saw cleans up well...
  10. ChrisB

PE Offer - Raleigh to points west

I'm driving my full-size pickup from Raleigh west on I-40 to Morganton and then to the Forest City area February 24th and returning on the 25th. Let me know if I can help move anything either way. Chris
  11. ChrisB

Cherry panels

I've made this style of door with both 1/4" panels and 1/2" panels and never had a problem with either as long as the panel can float. My personal preference is to use 1/2" panels because the door feels more substantial. Chris
  12. ChrisB

Red Breasted Merganser Hen

I'm continually impressed with your work and your productivity! Thanks for sharing. Chris
  13. ChrisB

Demilune Table

Gorgeous table, Larry! I love this style and your work is great! Chris
  14. ChrisB

Bandsaw Blade Sharpening

I send my Timberharvester sawmill blades to Cooks Saw for sharpening. They do a great job but the shipping costs are painful. Chris
  15. ChrisB

Recent Turnings

Beautiful and a bit mesmerizing! Chris
  16. ChrisB

Stanley plane repair parts/spare parts

Hi Mike, I'd like to go in on this - I have several planes, #2 - #7, and I'd like to have some blades with different bevels to swap out as necessary. Chris
  17. ChrisB

Where is everybody?

Hi Mike, Were you able to get your items from FredP? Chris
  18. ChrisB

Trouble sending PM

Thanks for testing this Scott. The messages are getting through in spite of the error message. Chris Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
  19. ChrisB

Trouble sending PM

Hi Scott, Yes, I received two identical messages from you. Chris Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
  20. ChrisB

Trouble sending PM

I've tried sending a few private messages and keep getting an error message and I can't tell if the messages are getting through. Is anyone else having difficulty with this? :confused: Chris

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS