Search results

1. shaf2376

maple rocker 2019-04-16

2. shaf2376

Lumber Sale

All the material is rough 4/4 with some ranging into the 5/4 range. There is no 8/4.
  3. shaf2376

Lumber Sale

Hey everyone I have some lumber for sale. First let me apologize for no pictures but I will add them to the post tonight or tomorrow. So here goes.... Curly Maple Most and of this material is in 4' to 8' lengths and widths 8" and up A to A+++ material $4 a ft. Sapele Ribbon material 8" and...
  4. shaf2376

Call for Outreach volunteers - June 8

Bill I will be there again.
  5. shaf2376

Glue for Dovetailed Toy Chest

I recently used the new Titebond Extended time on a chest wiht dovetails. Worked well and had plenty of open time. Very simular to Titebound II but with extenders. I know Klingspore carries it and I believe Woodcraft. You will not find it at the big blue or orange box stores.
  6. shaf2376

What is it?

+ however many. I used to use one of those quite often. That one is set up to cut a diamond pattern.
  7. shaf2376

NEW - Outreach Train-The-Trainer session

Bill I will be able to attend.
  8. shaf2376

Window pane replacement - single pane that does not appear to be glazed in place

I used to repair windows many years ago and have done several since. If it is wood on both sides the trim was applied to the interior of the window only glazing(putty) is applied to the exterior of a sash.
  9. shaf2376

Advice sought: Rockwell 6" or Grizzly 6" Jointer?

My advice.....If you have the room keep looking and buy an 8" you will be much happier in the end. If not then I would probably go wiht the Grizzly.
  10. shaf2376

Toy box hinge

+1 on the Rockler hinges. They are the only ones I use for my toy boxes and blanket chests.
  11. shaf2376

Finishes Seminar Interest - Updated

Re: Finishes Seminar Interest I am very interested but it would have to be Saturday for me.
  12. Blanket Chest

Blanket Chest

Cherry and Walnut Blanket Chest
  13. shaf2376

2012 NCWW Picnic Sign Up Sheet

Jeff and Vicki
  14. shaf2376

Help getting the broken roll pins (on the Delta BS) out

A cutting torch is an oxygen/acytylene torch used to cut metal. Hitting the air refers to the cutting operation and there is a lever on the torch you depress which blasts the oxygen and cuts/blows out the hot metal. A weld shop would have one and you can also rent one from some rental places...
  15. shaf2376

Help getting the broken roll pins (on the Delta BS) out

Okay if you are still trying to get the pin out here is the easy way. Since the block is cast and the pin is harden you can use a cutting torch. All you do is heat the pin and then hit the air to cut. It will cut out the pin and not damage the cast. You will have to "ream" out the hole with a...
  16. shaf2376

Shop expansion - The process begins

Steve Thanks for the tour Saturday and Thank Pennie as well. I had been watching the progress but to see it in person is awesome. Heck your shop is bigger than my house:gar-Cr and as a matter of fact it is bigger than my house and my shop!:gar-Cr:gar-Cr I am not sure if I should have shop envy...
  17. shaf2376

HELP! I need a New Sander

Scott, What I make the most of are keepsake boxes, blanket chests/toy boxes, display cabnets and rockers. So there are a lot of panel glue ups and fine sanding as well.
  18. shaf2376

HELP! I need a New Sander

Hey everybody. Happy New Year. I need a new sander and I am looking for some advice. Totally against my will I am thinking about buying a Festool sander. I was wondering if any of you out there have one and if so do you like it?( I am sure that was a stupid question.) What kind of dust...
  19. shaf2376

Lumber $0.75/bf in Advance [GSO CL]: maple/wild cherry/red oak beams

Kevin not to beat a dead horse but if the cherry was any good there would not be any left because I would have bought everything he had. I came home with an empty trailer. Ther were no wide cherry boards and like I said almost all of it was 4x4 short 6' or less cut from very small trees. The...
  20. shaf2376

Lumber $0.75/bf in Advance [GSO CL]: maple/wild cherry/red oak beams

Hey Guys. I went and took a look at this and it is full of powder post beetles. There was a lot of oak but not much cherry and most of it was 4x4 and 1/2 to 3/4 sap wood. It did have checks and splits but for anyone interested in running the oak through a kiln you might end up with something...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS