Search results

1. Asheville Hardware

old iron- BIG wood lathe

Hi Mike, We have a large custom made machine for sale at our store. Word on the street is that this lathe was built by a retired NASA model maker who retired in the area. The bed length is about 82" and the swing over bead is 16". There is also a threaded outboard spindle. It is sold with a...
  2. Asheville Hardware

Sawstop Demo In Asheville This Saturday 3/22

Greetings NCWWers, Just a brief announcement here: We will be hosting an informal in-store Sawstop demonstration this Saturday at 2PM. If you find yourself in the Asheville area, please drop by and say hello! See more here: Kind Regards, Dan Kostin Asheville Hardware 10 Buxton Ave...
  3. Asheville Hardware

Asheville Hardware's Open House: Saturday. July 13

Hi Everybody, We're hosting an open house event tomorrow: Saturday, July 13. We'll have representatives from Festool, Fein, Earlex, Whiteside, Kreg, Jorgensen, Woodpeckers, & General International showing off their newest toys. Gregory Paolini and Scott Meek will be here too! If you find...
  4. Asheville Hardware

Reconditioned Festools Available Now!

Hi Everybody, Festool has accumulated a lovely green & blue cache of certified reconditioned tools that they are offering at 10%, 20%, and 30% off of the retail price. All reconditioned items carry a limited one year warranty as well as a 30 day guarantee and you can expect the same level of...
  5. Asheville Hardware

Festool Domino XL Sneak Peak

The price for Domino XL DF700 is $1200, but the "Set", at $1250, which comes with the Trim Stop and Cross Stop, is the better buy.
  6. Asheville Hardware

We want to remind and encourage everyone in the Asheville area to come out to tomorrow's event. Greg will be getting started around 11am. Be among the first in the country to experience the newest incarnation of the industry’s most revolutionary tool. It should be lots of fun! -Dan Kostin...
  7. Asheville Hardware

Unfortunately there is no special pricing in this case; however, the first release of new Festool products tends to be a limited run and so, for those who may be seriously interested in ordering, it would be a good idea to "pre-order".
  8. Asheville Hardware

Hi Everybody! Join us at Asheville Hardware Saturday, May 12 as Gregory Paolini will demonstrate the super-sized capabilities of Festool's yet to be released Domino XL. Gregory will have an actual Domino XL on site to "test drive" and the machine will be available to pre-order for June...
  9. Asheville Hardware

Asheville Hardware Is Hiring!

Greetings all, Asheville Hardware, Woodworkers’ Supply, a retail woodworking supply store just south of downtown Asheville, is seeking part-time sales staff. We are a busy woodworking supply store selling wood and woodworking merchandise – both retail and consignment. See our website...
  10. Asheville Hardware

Bamboo plywood in NC?

In Asheville you can find 1/2" - 3/4" bamboo ply at Build It Naturally. It might be worth a phone call to see if they might be able to source some 1/4" material. Build It Naturally 76 Biltmore Ave. Asheville, NC 28801 www.builditnaturally.com (828)254-2668 Dan Kostin Asheville Hardware
  11. Asheville Hardware

Can you help me ID this hand plane?

I was thinking that plane looked familiar, so I went and checked our consignment used planes. Sure enough, we have a smoother with the same exact stamped frog. It has no marking on the body whatsoever, but the iron has "Crusader" stamped in it. Hope that helps. Scott Edit: Looking closer, I...
  12. Asheville Hardware

Golden Ratio & Design Elements

George Walker took issue with the use of the golden ratio for furniture design on his Design Matters blog. I thought it was an interesting perspective. http://georgewalkerdesign.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/golden-rectangle-a-different-viewpoint/ Scott
  13. Asheville Hardware

What's my problem? 10"CMS bogging down on 5/4 Cherry.....

This would be my guess as well. I have to readjust the fence on my 12" Bosch all the time. Scott
  14. Asheville Hardware

Fall WNC Picnic UPDATE

I was hoping to come to the picnic, but we have a prior engagement that evening, which makes the hour drive prohibitive. Hope you all have a great time! Scott
  15. Asheville Hardware

Simple Stool for Toddlers

Looks great in QWSO! I'm gonna need to make one of those stools for my daughter. She would love it. Scott
  16. Asheville Hardware

Wish me luck

Good luck with the sale Scott! :icon_thum Scott
  17. Asheville Hardware

Looking for Track Saw input

I personally have the TS55 and haven't had a single issue with it. Easily one of the best tool purchases I've made. But, it did have one drawback: I'm now addicted to Festool Green! FWIW, I bought mine years before I started working here at Asheville Hardware and helping to sell them. It's...
  18. Asheville Hardware

Build a wood plane class

Just wanted to let you all know, there is still room for a couple open spots in the Wood Plane class I am teaching here at the store tomorrow. Wood planes perform unlike any metal bodied plane out there. They provide unparalleled feedback when in use, letting you know through tactile feedback...
  19. Asheville Hardware

wood drying

I would definitely defer to Scott Smith's advice. He has been doing this a whole lot longer than I have. I'm glad he corrected me! Now I'm going to go read up on this so I can stop spreading erroneous information. :icon_thum Scott
  20. Asheville Hardware

wood drying

I've always heard one year per inch of thickness. I believe you can decrease this time somewhat by stickering it after it's milled, covering with a tarp, and placing fans to blow air through it. Not sure how much that would cut it down though. Scott

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS