Search results

1. D

Happy birthday Sapwood!

Happy Birthday Roger, Wishing you the best this day and all the days to come. Dawn (Bob)
  2. D

Maple & Walnut

Well if I was sitting in the comfort of my own home I would say that is "plum purrty". But since I am sitting in this stuffy real estate office, I will say that is absolutely exquisite. I love the contrasting colors of the wood. I truly envy those who can take a block of wood and make...
  3. D

Happy Birthday!

Happy B-Day from me too...... Hope you have hundreds more. 8-)
  4. D

Another newbie saying hello

Cathy and I should have a talk with her. Maybe we could help her get her priorities straight. A warm welcome to the site. There is a great bunch of folks here. Dawn
  5. D

Opinions about Drawers.

Oh for heaven's sakes... I have searched the web and can not find a description of a piston fitted drawer....Please give me a brief explaination :cry: But on the upside briefs are sexy.
  6. D

Opinions about Drawers.

What about runners????
  7. D

Opinions about Drawers.

Boxers or Briefs???? Just kidding. I have still yet to make anything with drawers in it... I am very curious about how much of a pain they are to install. Dawn
  8. D

First turned bowl

Cathy, That is absolutely lovely... That would go well with my table. lol How many hours did it take to make it? Dawn
  9. D

Antiquing

I am sorry that I didn't clarify myself. My friend is a cabinet maker. He was going to give me a deal on some walnut that he had there that was knotty in places. I happen to like knots. The people who hire him to do the cabinetry in their 2 million dollar "cottages" don't. So this was some...
  10. D

Antiquing

Most definately a Pixie.
  11. D

Antiquing

Well I have just spent a few hours with a friend of mine. He builds custom cabinets. You fellas would marvel at the neat stuff he has in his shop. Today he taught me about lumber. (As I guess you have figured out that I am a TRUE novice) I told him about the new project and wanted to see what he...
  12. D

Antiquing

Well Dave my thoughts are going back to the bed. (the trundle rope bed in the pic). I will most likely use mahogany or cherry. By the way ... what is milk paint? Dawn
  13. D

Antiquing

Hi all, Does anyone have any suggestions on antiquing? I think I would like to try this on a project. I have some ideas on giving the wood a distressed look. But I would love to make the wood much older. Thanks, Dawn (Bob)
  14. D

Newbie extraordinaire

:oops: :lol: Do you guys believe EVERYTHING women tell you??????????:rolf:
  15. D

NYW style RT in progress

Thanks Pete, Now where you last night? That little bit of advice could have saved me from once again displaying my ignorance and allowing Insom to get hearty laugh at my expense. That's OK it was all in fun.. And I also learned something new.
  16. D

NYW style RT in progress

When I first read your reply.... I thought, "he's pulling my leg" but then I just couldn't stop wondering.....OK you suckered me into that one... I have spent the last 30 minutes searching the web for something called a "zip code saw".....:eusa_doh: You guys are killing me here.... :5dunce: I...
  17. D

NYW style RT in progress

Ain't I sexy!!!!!! :rolf: Seriously though.... Bob is my husband.
  18. D

NYW style RT in progress

My goodness, I really need to get out of the shop and start watching more tv.:lol:
  19. D

NYW style RT in progress

Hi there, Bob here! I am going to display some ignorance and ask what a NYW style is. I know I will probably regret asking...the answer is probably so obvious that it is flying right over my head. But here is another question for you.... Does your cursor ever quiver when you are typing a reply...
  20. D

Trundle Bed- now with pic

Re: Trundle Bed Well I have spent the evening researching rope beds on the web. I found one site that suggested that nylon rope will not stretch like the traditional hemp or roping made of other materials. It also said that it would take a "little" stain as well. Also, it suggested that a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS