Search results

1. PeteM

He has a long wait ahead

Like the car guys say "It ran when parked!"
  2. PeteM

Wax on top of Osmo?

I think any good wax would be fine for a top coat. If you want to stay with Osmo try this: https://osmocolorusa.com/product/liquid-wax-cleaner/
  3. PeteM

Air Brush Kit suggestions

I was given this kit as a gift a few years ago but never used it (never even unpacked it). I don't think it's a high-quality unit but I'd let it go for $25 plus shipping. https://www.dhgate.com/product/sp134k-0-2mm-0-5mm-7cc-cup-professional-double/487969628.html
  4. PeteM

TEMU experience

Adding to what Hutch said earlier: "Temu is doing next to nothing to keep its supply chains free from slave labor,” said Congressman Mike Gallagher. “At the same time, Temu and Shein are building empires around the de minimis loophole in our import rules—dodging import taxes and evading...
  5. PeteM

Silky Woodboy 240 Folding Saw

I'd guess it's just there for scale.
  6. PeteM

Gotta wait for the money tree to get ripe for this one

There's no shortage of overpriced tools out there. And there is no shortage of people with deep pockets to buy them. No worse than a lot of stuff from Bridge City like $200 for a jig to make chopsticks, etc.
  7. PeteM

Silky Woodboy 240 Folding Saw

In like new condition. Pickup in Pittsboro. $35.00 9-1/2-inch (240 mm) blade length Here it is on Amazon for $74 https://www.amazon.com/Silky-WOODBOY-240mm-X-FINE-Teeth/dp/B0014CA3SC
  8. PeteM

Drill press recommendations

I still have my Delta for sale. includes mobile base and large table. $350 https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/delta-17-900-drill-press-with-mobile-base-and-table-350.79073/
  9. PeteM

Pro-Grip Straight Edge Clamps

Four 36" Pro-Grip Straight Edge Clamps. for sale. They are in like new condition. The difference in color in the photo is just bad lighting. I have some of the dohickies to join them together but none of the accessories shown in the video. $30 each - 2 for $55. - $100 for all 4. Pickup in...
  10. PeteM

After the beginners scroll saw workshop

Good work. Glad you're enjoying it.
  11. PeteM

Dead Blow Hammer

Fun, easy project to build. I built this one years ago and it's still hammerin' away.
  12. PeteM

Delta 17 900 Drill Press with Mobile Base and Table - $350 - SOLD

Well used but works like it's supposed to. Includes shop-built mobile base and large table with t-Track and extra inserts.
  13. PeteM

Spray Equipment for Wide Variety of Finishes

Yes, I have an LVLP setup. I use it to paint cars and it works fine for me. I wouldn't use it for Latex paint. Also, I wouldn't use a conventional gun or an HVLP with a small compressor. Yes, you can do it but you'd be stopping every few minutes waiting for the compressor to catch up. Comparing...
  14. PeteM

Routers and Bits and Bushings etc.

All this stuff has been well used but everything does what it's supposed to do. All prices listed are 50% or less of the original cost. Dewalt DW621 Plunge Router - $125 Milwaukee 5615 Pouter - $100 Makita 3707FC Trim Router - $100 All the routers come with wrenches and guides. Drawer full of...
  15. PeteM

Spray Equipment for Wide Variety of Finishes

For a small compressor, I check out an LVLP Gun (Low Volume Low Pressure) gun like this one: https://www.amazon.com/SPRAYIT-SP-33310K-LVLP-Spray-Gun/dp/B008FD7SCW/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3UCM714IL2VQZ&keywords=lvlp+spray+gun+kit&qid=1690296925&sprefix=lvlp+%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-6 I've never been happy with...
  16. PeteM

Wax

No residue. Why would anyone apply wax to unfinished wood before staining? But I guess someone might so I guess the warning is appropriate. Just like on a bottle of epoxy, that says: WARNING - Do not swallow, Causes serious eye irritation, etc.
  17. PeteM

Wax

If you look at the datasheet that Zach posted you will see there is no silicone in the mix, Even so, the usage I'm saying worked better for me than any other wax I have used is on finished furniture. I'm not suggesting you use it on tools; although, as I said, I don't think it would be a...
  18. PeteM

Wax

You apply it after the finish has cured. How can it "interfere"? I've used it over General Finishes Seal-A-Cell and Minwax poly with no problems. I wouldn't suggest using it under a finish or on tools. Although I don't think it would be a problem to use on tools. The finish is too hard and I...
  19. PeteM

Wax

I thought I'd try one with all the new waxes that have come out recently. Decided to go with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Caramic + Graphene Paste Wax. (Gotta love the name) I used it on my car and was really impressed. Easy on/off and it left a great shine. Water beaded up real nice and has...
  20. PeteM

Straight edge ?

The instructions are in the pdf I posted earlier.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS