Search results

1. M

In search of somewhat obscure part for my lil lathe

Long shot here... but I've got a Delta LA-200 Midi lathe that's been performing flawlessly for me for several years now. That is... until I loaned it out. It was transported a little carelessly and somehow the tail spindle screw got bent. Wondered why all of a sudden I had an issue cranking the...
  2. M

Unloading some Maple...

Picked up a few hundred bdft of relatively soft (not quite big leaf super soft maple) maple and I've got a lot more than I can use. I've got it sorted out front of my garage right now because someone was supposed to come pick up a decent chunk of it this morning and flaked at the last minute. If...
  3. M

Garage Takeover

So... after 3+ years in the house the wife has finally caved in to my constant pressure to take over the garage completely. And now I'm in a pickle because I never really thought she'd let me and I've actually got to plan a shop, on a budget. Thanks to my gall bladder deciding it wanted to try...
  4. M

Nonwoodworking... HP Touchpad tablets are $99 now

HP is discontinuing their TouchPad Tablets. Almost 10" tablet that was retailing for $400-500 just a few months ago. Best buy sold out yesterday before I could grab one but they apparently restocked. Don't imagine they'll last long. 16gb version...
  5. M

Tool Regrets

Hopefully I'm not the only one here that's let a tool go that I know I'll kick myself for repeatedly over the next many many years. My story: Shortly after I first got the idea into my head that I wanted to do more woodworking than just finishing drums I happened across a funky looking saw on...
  6. M

FS: ~1200-1400 sqft of Mappa Burl Veneer

Edit 7/30/11: Willing to trade as well... primarily in need of some 3/4" maple plywood for various interior projects I've got going on but open to ideas. If this is the wrong place to post this let me know... Classifieds specified lumber should go here and this is kinda sorta lumber. In any...
  7. M

Been a member for a while... finally posted

I've met a few folks from the board when I buy/sell stuff locally and I'm pretty sure I've emailed a few regarding pens, etc. In any case figured it was time to come out of lurker mode and do some posting. I'm a newbie woodworker that got sucked into it through my hobby of building drums. I...
  8. M

Trick for better water based finish results

It's more of a cheat really... I mentioned it in the Jatoba thread but figured I'd share separately as well. A little history first: I build drums out of my shop...err... garage... My preferred method of applying finish is with an HVLP gun and my compressor. My spray area is about 3 feet away...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors