Search results

1. AllanD

Hose Adapter for Lamello Biscuit Joiner

I have used this Lamello biscuit joiner for many years. You can probably tell by the old style handle. I use a Festool vac with it for chip collection but it is aggravating because the round hose doesn't fit tightly to the oval port and it falls off frequently. I have searched the web for an...
  2. AllanD

Microbubbles

I would like anyone's ideas on this problem. I am spraying cabinets with SW Kem Aqua Plus which I have done many times in the past with excellent results. This time I am getting many tiny bubbles, some pop and leave a tiny crater so they are definitely bubbles not detritus. It happened...
  3. AllanD

How to accept cookies

I just tried to reply in a thread but a pop-up said I must allow cookies to post. I found nothing under my account as to how. I use Safari so went under preferences there but it just listed all my cookies. How to I allow cookies from NCWW? Thanks from an old computer novice.
  4. AllanD

Pizza Peel

I've into a kick of making homemade pizza lately so I decided I needed a pizza peel. Not a big project like furniture or anything. In fact I knocked it out in one day along with other projects. I found a short piece of Birdseye maple in my stash and along with a skinny piece of mahogany and...
  5. AllanD

Bandsaw dust collection

There was a recent thread on adapting dust collection to bandsaws but didn't find it on a cursory search. So I thought I might add to the options with the setup I did. The tee from the floor comes from my Clearvue in the basement. I attached one duct to the factory fitting at the bottom but...
  6. AllanD

Peppermill Mechanism Preferences

Been thinking of making some peppermills. I was going to go with the Crushgrind system but thought I would ask the group for opinions. I usually order from Packard and they carry both the Crushgrind and the regular Deluxe metal system. I have watched several videos of both types and suspect...
  7. AllanD

Festool buys Sawstop

This really doesn't affect me within the near future that I can see but some of you may have interest. I like my festools but don't need any more just now anyway. I also already have a Unisaw and a slider so not in the market for that either. Will be interesting to see what their plans are...
  8. AllanD

Uploading photos from Apple Photos

This is not a problem with just this forum, I have run into the same problem with other forums I am a member of. I recently got a new laptop and went with an Apple this time and am still learning but have been much happier with it overall. When I try to upload a photo the window gives me the...
  9. AllanD

Help raising Drill Press table

My Delta drill press is I think their largest one. I like the power and the variable speed but raising the table is a chore. The flimsy plastic crank flexes and bends. I have lubricated the teeth but I still dread having to adjust it. Have any of you made a lifting mechanism to help? I...
  10. AllanD

Another mature Chestnut found in Maine

While in the truck listening to NPR they had a short story about finding a 100 ft. American Chestnut in Maine. Did a little search and found several links. We should all keep up the hope. The American Chestnut Foundation is a worthwhile organization. I may ought to mention them in my will...
  11. AllanD

Making my trees into shop flooring?

I am in the planning stages of building a new shop. The spot is in mature hardwoods, the largest are Red Oak but a few decent sized White Oak and a few smaller hickories. The trees have grown close enough to have long branchless trunks so seems a shame to let them go as firewood. The largest...
  12. AllanD

Flyrod holder finished

One of my fly fishing buddies asked me to build him a rack for his fly rods. He showed me a photo of a circular lazy susan type but it was pretty cheaply built with three long dowels between the top and bottom. I thought we could do better and would give me a chance to try a large heavy...
  13. AllanD

Wood for table legs

I am going to help my son build some arts and crafts end and coffee tables. If most of you agree, I thought it would be best to use some 8/4 rift sawn white oak for the legs but I am having trouble finding any locally (near Charlotte). I called Wall lumber in Mayodan and they only had flat...
  14. AllanD

Truck bed drawers

I would like to get some opinions on runners/slides for extra long drawers. I am planning on building a raised floor in the bed of my 6&1/2 ft. pickup bed with about three drawers. I'm sure some of you have a similar setup for your truck or have seen some. I was thinking of making it in two...
  15. AllanD

New member from Charlotte area

I found this group when searching for some wood, what luck! I live in Union county just west of Charlotte near Matthews. I started working wood in the mid seventies, my last project of any size was a teak drift boat (I love to fly fish) that I worked on off and on for about three years. I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS