2. debgreene

New Member in Greensboro

Welcome
  3. debgreene

New member from Candler NC

Welcome Carl!
  4. debgreene

New member from Durham

Welcome - I'm in Durham also. NC State has an intro lathe class, I took it -- it was good.
  5. debgreene

New Member from Cary

Hey Doug, Welcome! I still do something like 80% of my rip cuts with my Track saw.
  6. debgreene

What is a good brand random sander

Got the 75N - LOVE IT
  7. debgreene

8" Grizzly Jointer - $320 (Boone) EXPIRED

Would love it - can't get out to Boone til the fall - if it's still available then, I'll take it
  8. debgreene

Going to buy a Tormek

Your comment about hell made me laugh out loud - and just to add my 2 cents - I have an old tormek, no bells or whistles, have used it for 30 years - works great. That said, the best advice I ever read about sharpening was from Chris Schwartz I think - it was just choose one system, doesn't...
  9. debgreene

Can anyone tell me what these are?

Thanks for the info Mike
  10. debgreene

Thanks Bob
  11. debgreene

Thanks Charlie, is your taper also MT1? Any problem getting stuff you need?
  12. debgreene

Yes!!! It does. I think the left side should move but it's a little rusty. And the spindle steady rest makes sense given the lathe came with such a long bed. Thanks for your help.
  13. debgreene

Hi guys, I'm slowly setting up a workspace and getting some tools online as I need them. I'm restoring an old Rockwell lathe and it came with a couple of attachments, but being new to turning I don't know what they are -- the pictures are attached Thanks for your help
  14. debgreene

RTP area lunch this Friday

I've never met anyone from the forum, it sounds like fun, I'll try to make it. D
  15. debgreene

Brand New Shop

Hey All, I've gone through the threads under workshop, and I've gotten some good ideas, but I would like some more, especially any advice about wiring the shop. It's inside the house, its roughly 15' x 30' divided into a machine room and a bench room. I just upgraded the electrical service...
  16. debgreene

Uses for Willow Oak, Quercus phellos

Hey All, I'm in Durham, and a bunch of the trees here are reaching the end of their natural lives. There's one in front of my house that will probably have to come down. I spoke to the city arborist and he said that the species, Quercus phellos, or Willow oak is not so good for furniture...
  17. debgreene

Cedar finish?

Hi, I've found that shellac works well on many of the cedars. Just a couple of coats will protect against dirt and fingerprints and such. You can build up the finish though fairly quickly if durability is required. As far as I know it's non-toxic. Just don't mix drinks in it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS