Search results

1. Y

Cajun

I'm going to start building a Cajun for my brothers DJ and karaoke business. This could be interesting. For all of you who does not know what a cajun is, like myself. It is a hand drum of some sorts. I hope my spelling is correct for this instrument. I'll post pics when I get done.
  2. Y

Who or what started your WWing bug

Who or what started your wood working bug, for me it was my my first daughter. We needed a crib for her. The cribs that I thought worthy of holding my child, was simply out of my price range. So off to sears we go. Skill saw and a square and a lot of sand paper and many hours of hard labor she...
  3. Y

wood workers catalog

I would like to know what your favorite WWing catalog is. I enjoy looking through Rockler Pro, Lee Valley, and MLCS. I allways seem to find something I want, and really dont need. What are yours, maybe there's something better, and cheaper I have yet to see. Thanks, Jody
  4. Y

help with drawer slides

I'm trying to mount some new center mount ball bearing drawer slides, on an old chest of drawer. Can not figure it View image in gallery out. The slides do not come apart, (not that I can see). The back detaches and a lose locking tab. They did not come with instructions. Any help would be...
  5. Y

Flammable or not

When I get through finishing (lacquer) I will not run my propane heat, for fear from the off gases. I do use an exaust fan and it clears the room quickly. But, should I be fearfull of the fumes afterwards? I normaly turn the heat back on next day.:kamahlitu
  6. Y

Peg board

Wow, Statesville Home Depot. I bought 8 sheets 4x8 peg board for a dollar a sheet. Now I need to find a use for it.
  7. Y

shop pics

I sure enjoy looking at all the shop pictures. I'd like to see more!!!!!! Please post more shop pics. I'll try to get mine cleaned up and post some pics soon
  8. Y

King size Cherry bed

View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery Took some pics of our bed I finished last fall, thought I would share with you guys. View image in gallery
  9. Y

stanly bailey plane

I found an old Stanley Bailey #27, in a scrap iron center. I bought it because the wood base and handles were in really good shape, other than dirty. The metal was a big chunck of rust. I've cleaned it all up wire brushed all the metal parts, jointed the base, sharpened the blade to were I can...
  10. Y

Entertainment center

View image in gallery my first, making crown molding. View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery
  11. Y

cross cut sled

I want to build a cross cut sled for my table saw.I'm concerned about getting it perfectly square with the blade. Any tips?
  12. Y

maple pulls

I ran into a guy who has a bunch of 1 1/4 round maple pulls sold in boxes of 1000 pieces. He was selling them for $40.00 per box. I only needed 20, BUT guess how many I left with. (he found a sucker. I wont use all of these if I live to see a 100 years old) If anyone needs a few send me a...
  13. Y

hollow mortise chisel

I just got my new drill press. I was really wanting a dedicated mortise machine, but my old drill press died first so I had to replace it first. My question to you guys is, what do you think about the bolt on hollow mortise chisel. Should I wait to get the machine or go with bolt on. Thanks, Jody
  14. Y

15'' Porter Cable Drill Press

Another new toy, I mean tool. I just bought a 15'' porter cable drill press (floor model) I am impressed. Depth stop is great, power is great. Thought I would never need a laser for a drill press, but it makes life easier. A breeze to set up right out of the box everything spot on. Thumbs up...
  15. Y

sharpening tools

Does anyone have tips for shop made jigs to help me sharpen my chisels
  16. Y

mini-lathe

View image in gallery Can anyone tell me about this antique lathe?
  17. Y

old hand planes

I have three old hand planes that I keep on the shelf in the house. They are about two feet long 4 inches by 4 inches and has the handsaw handle. Just wondering if I should keep them on the shelf, or should I spend some time on them cleaning and tuning up and then put them to work in the shop...
  18. Y

wana be wood turner

any tips on starting out turning wood. Pretty much self taught on all the other things I do, but this one is kicking my back side. My tools feel sharp maybe not sharp enough. Maybe oak is the wrong wood to learn on. But just trying to go from square to round is a feat its self. The wood looks...
  19. Y

New to NCWW

Hello, from Mt.Airy NC. I was surfing the web and came upon this site. They are a lot of talented people here. I have enjoyed looking at every ones pics, really great stuff. I hope to milk all the knowledge I can from you guys. Already had a problem answered from one post, thanks everyone...
  20. Y

Johnsons Paste wax

I was using Johnson's Paste Wax to lube my drawer slide on my new shop cabinets. I was just going to paint them, but I got some on the face. Well it looked pretty good so I done the entire cabinet. I hope I haven't messed up. I usually only use that on my table saw. Any advice. Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS