Search results

1. E

Where do you buy your hardwood?

I'm looking for some suppliers of hardwood - either green or dried.  Where do you get yours?
  2. Turnings

Turnings

3. E

Looking at Making a Hollower System

Mike, I posted pictures on here a while ago of my home made articulated arm. Not real hard to build and it's mostly made of wood. It works like a charm. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=2416. Hope this helps.
  4. E

My first segmented project (Yikes!)

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
  5. E

My first segmented project (Yikes!)

NSayer12, I have a question. What you are showing in the picture is a flat blank. How are you going to make it into a round bowl? Is that going to be the bottom of the bowl, is it going to be a shallow bowl or what?
  6. E

Home made lathe and articulated arm

Tom, I built it to be able to turn some big stuff in the future. The largest thing I've turned so far is a 16" diameter Ambrosia maple bowl that was about 4" Deep. The main problem I had was that I only have a belt drive and the slowest speed is 875 rpm. That was too fast for the rough blank...
  7. E

Home made lathe and articulated arm

Henry, I have some more pictures here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=198824&d=1308703524. If you decide to build one, I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can.
  8. E

Tried a coring tool today

Re: Thanks - Link to your post? http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41900. That will take you to the home made lathe and articulated arm.
  9. E

Rob and Henry, My opologies. I was confused. I completely missed the post. Sorry. Now, on to the articulated arm. Mine is home made. I posted it here a couple of weeks ago. I use it quite a bit. I've been doing hollow forms of various shapes for about 6 months and have made about 40...
  10. E

I like the articulated arm much better for hollowing. No catches and, if you drill a starter hole, it really goes fast. I can hollow out a 6" round x 6" deep in about 30 minutes....including removing the chips. With the laser attachment, getting 1/8" wall thickness is pretty fool proof.
  11. E

WIP update open segment

Beautiful work Earl.
  12. E

A few things I've turned lately.

These are a few of the things that I've done lately. I got a good deal on some Maple and Cherry burl caps on Black Friday. The vase is Spalted Hackberry dyed blue and the large flower form is from my Maple burl stash. C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking. View image in gallery View image in...
  13. Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid
  14. Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid
  15. Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid
  16. Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid

Maple Burl with lid