Search results

1. W

Wavy cuts on the sawmill

This is a question for those who actually know what they are doing. I have been using the lt40 woodmizer and several of the last logs have been real wavy. I was curious what the fixes might be. I am cutting pretty big(32" wide) white oak. The blades are old but were resharpened. I didn't...
  2. W

fair price to plane wood

I have had a work/friend call me up and want me to plane a few thousand linear feet of pine from 1" down to 3/4". I didn't know what a fair price to charge to do this type of job. $.20 a lf sound alright?
  3. W

sawmill

Question for the sawyers. I am getting a sawmill tomorrow, not actually having to pay for it-guy I work with is, and was just looking for some helpful hints that I may run into. I have only seen a mill run a few times and don't know any of the ins and outs. I am going to woodmizer store...
  4. W

glazing kitchen cabinets

I am looking for some input on the best way to glaze some kitchen cabinets. They are painted an off white color and am looking to put a dark brown glaze on them. I have not had any problems in the past but I haven't done glazing on paint before. I am thinking that the reason I am not have...
  5. W

3" white cedar timber

Anyone know where I could find some 2 1/2" to 3 1/2" round post. I don't know if any guys with a mill have the possibility of making these or if there is a good source. The only place I have ever bought round posts from is in Boone and they only carry pine. I am going to make a couple of...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS