Search results

1. jazzflute

In case you are running a little short on lumber...

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2890283 This one will be interesting... K
  2. jazzflute

Raleigh area Lunch Bunch Meets this Friday

Very sadly I am stuck in Winston Salem today and won't make this one. Bummer! K
  3. jazzflute

Ready to build the new bench BUT?

Frank, Umm... That's because that IS a left handed vise. ;-) (I'm a lefty too, and that is where my vise is as well!) It's the opposite side of your dominant hand that the vise gets located on as you face the bench. You did well! K
  4. jazzflute

Used Machinery,where?

Welcome to NCWW. As you have probably ascertained by now, it's not so easy finding and acquiring the kind of equipment you are looking for, and there is definitely risk involved in buying it used. I know this because I have a shop that is basically equipped exactly like the one you listed...
  5. jazzflute

Ready to build the new bench BUT?

Or easier! If you want to clamp laterally then having an extended skirt is very handy. If you make it double thickness you can have the best of both worlds.
  6. jazzflute

An interesting project that we recently completed

I can think of a couple projects around the house for the veneer, but if they only have 40,000 square feet, I'd be too worried that I might run short... Oh well. K P.S. Beautiful work as always sir; great usage ideas as well!
  7. jazzflute

Honduran Mahogany ?

From Hearne: hearnehardwoods.com K
  8. jazzflute

Creature of habit... K
  9. jazzflute

Solar Powered shop?

Alright, but other than that it should work OK, right Ethan? ;-) K
  10. jazzflute

Definitely maybe K
  11. jazzflute

Thoughts and prayers needed for long-time member

Our deepest sympathies Fred; you are in our thoughts. K
  12. jazzflute

Workbench: finally making a good one .. again

Looks awesome; let me know if you want to use the wide belt... K
  13. jazzflute

Looking for Spray Booth

Welcome to the site. In case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM with some details about my booth. I forgot you just joined, and the PM thing can be a little 'opaque'... Your work is stunning BTW! K
  14. jazzflute

End Grain Violin Cutting Board

It looks very nice, but I must admit that I am baffled as to why someone needs a board to cut up violins on... Odd. K
  15. jazzflute

Zen and the Art of Sanding

Three words my friend: Wide Belt Sander You're on your own for the dado edges; although with a round over bit.... K P.S. Have I mentioned that I have about 20,000 sq. ft of veneer or so? (Lest you think I jest; there are readers here who can testify to the veracity of that claim!) Some...
  16. jazzflute

Work xmas lunch conflict, so all of you that have been hoping that I might not show some month can come on out now... K
  17. jazzflute

For those trying to add accuracy to their work...

You can easily swing it Dan. You DO still have that 1kA 480v three phase line into your shop, right? See, you're almost home! K
  18. jazzflute

For those trying to add accuracy to their work...

I'm not sure how well this might work with wood, but it does seem to be pretty darn good with metal! http://www.core77.com/posts/58431/ Enjoy. K
  19. jazzflute

Wait... You guys meet for lunch?!? K
  20. jazzflute

When is enough ... enough

Must. Get. More. Routers. K

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors