Search results

1. G

latest tobacco stick project

did my picture appear in the post
  2. G

latest tobacco stick project

Trying some craft ideas to use up part of the tobacco stick inventory I have. This is the latest project, a key rack. Any feedback would be appreciated
  3. G

Willow experiences

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I will use it to some things instead of more valuable wood
  4. G

Willow experiences

Got a piece of willow from a neighbor part of a tree blown down never turned willow before anyone have any thoughts
  5. G

Top wheel on bandsaw loose

Band saw now working. Thanks for all of the help
  6. G

Thanks for the input. I have been sidetracked the last couple of days on other things. Will check later to see how things go
  7. G

Mike I do not see any other adjustment knobs. Here is another picture
  8. G

This is a picture of my bandsaw if tha will help with questions
  9. G

I recently decided to put tune up my bandsaw that I have not used in a couple of years. It is an old craftsman. When putting on the new blade I noticed the top wheel(tire?) is loose and whenever I started to tighten the blade it would begin to tilt. I would hand turn to see if the blade was...
  10. Watches

Watches

11. Open box

Open box

12. G

back to the lathe

about 2 inches in diameter 1/4 thick
  13. G

back to the lathe

I have been inactive for a while.(No need to bore you with that long story.) I have been turning a few pendants for necklaces and did a piece of cherry burl today with some bark left on it. Put a couple of coats of spray laquer on it. I know it needs a few more. Any comments appreciated View...
  14. cherry pendant

cherry pendant

15. G

making walnut stain

Hello I have not posted for a while but had a question. I have access to some black walnut trees I have been gathering to crack this winter. I was wondering if anyone had any use for the hulls to make stain. Any thoughts or inquiries are welcome.
  16. G

wana be wood turner

I may be able to help I live near Mt Airy also. Send a message or PM me and I will let you in on my experience. I would try some other woods . What type of lathe do you have?
  17. G

Piedmont Wood Workers Guild

You guys should a lot of fun. I will not be there Saturday but was able to go by earlier this week. Saw a lot of nice lumber and was glad to finally meet Kyle and Chris.
  18. G

Another first

I have not put liquid in yet May put spare change in it. Not sure what finish I will use. I have some salad bowl finish I may put on it. Any other thoughts
  19. G

Another first

Finally turned a goblet. I acheived both goals I had for this turning. 1. The cup did not explode while turning. 2. The stem is smaller than the cup. All comments will be appreciated.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors