Search results

1. KenOfCary

Online Auction Christiansburg, VA - Tools

A workshop contents being auctioned off online with 18% buyers premium. Lots of hand and power tools here. https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Christiansburg/24073/3995643
  2. KenOfCary

Thinking about making a Cat Tree

We've been feeding the cat on top of the washing machine and the German Shepherd keeps jumping up there and stealing her food. So I thought I might make a tall cat tree with a platform up high to feed her on. Needs to be sturdy or anchored to the wall to keep the dog from knocking it over...
  3. KenOfCary

Online Auction in NRV Virginia

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Radford/24141/3918669 18% premium There is a good bit of WW equipment for sale. Grizzly, Jet, Rikon, etc.
  4. KenOfCary

Cedar Planter boxes - what glue?

Building some cedar planter boxes to hang on the porch railing. Will be using a lock-miter joint on the 3' x 1' x 6" deep boxes. What would be the best glue to use to hold the joints together. Cedar being somewhat porous, I'm not sure. I used the expanding foam glue (Gorilla brand) last time...
  5. KenOfCary

Auction in Mt Airy tomorrow Saturday

https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Pilot-Mountain/27041/3646377 It says no buyers premium, but 7% sales tax and 3% add-on for credit cards. Says there are a lot of tools in out buildings, but no pictures of them.
  6. KenOfCary

Help identifying this

I have a friend who asked me to help identify this item and the wood. It appears to be a porous grain based on the last picture, otherwise I might have guessed mahogany. She wrote: Question: I have this, and don't know what it is! What would you say it is, and what kind of wood do you think it...
  7. KenOfCary

Online Auction ends tomorrow (Tuesday) Woodworking shop in Blacksburg, VA

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Blacksburg/24060/3437199 Lots of woodworking equipment - 17% buyers premium and need to pick up quickly.
  8. KenOfCary

Ash Trees coming down - should I save the wood - Ash Borer killed them

Title says most of it. I have people coming out tomorrow to remove 6 to 8 dead Ash trees from between two fences before they die further and fall on one of the fences. Should I bother saving any of the longer / straighter pieces of wood for milling or are the bugs not worth messing with? They...
  9. KenOfCary

Sanding the Tabletop

Started working on repairing the kitchen table top today. It's a lot of work and will take a few days at the rate I work on things. Hard on the back and shoulders. Taking lots of breaks. The Table The gouges Getting started
  10. KenOfCary

Final Online Ticket Sales - 2021

2584/$12,920 - Cash sales to continue at the picnic.
  11. KenOfCary

Embrace the curl

As I'm pulling tickets off the first roll, I notice it is getting very small. Only about 100 tickets left on the first roll. They are getting very curly. It's known that the more curl in the ticket the more likely it is to be randomly selected from the drum as it won't stick to other tickets as...
  12. KenOfCary

Golden Mallet Voting

Golden Mallet voting will run from now until the end of the month. Please select the one individual you would like to see honored at our picnic in September. The rules: Golden Mallet The Golden Mallet award is presented to the person that in the opinion of the membership "Most represents the...
  13. KenOfCary

Golden Mallet Nominations

Once again it is time to nominate members for the Golden Mallet award. This shall be presented to the member that we choose to be the best representative of the spirit of NCWW, the friendliest and most helpful site on the internet. Nominations should be posted to this thread (current board...
  14. KenOfCary

Online auction - Copper Hill, VA - about 14 miles from me

Lots of farm equipment, hand tools, some lumber scraps. Lots of vintage hand tools, wrenches, nuts, bolts, etc. A real treasure trove of stuff if you have the time to sort through it. Let me know if you want me to go pick up your winnings and mail them at cost - unless its a farm tractor -...
  15. KenOfCary

Call for nominations - BoD in Corporate Members forum

We have posted a call for nominations in the Corporate Members forum. It is there since only Corporate Members can run and vote in the election. This is a heads up that if you wish to participate please consider joining as a Corporate Member. It is a simple opt-in checkmark in your profile -...
  16. KenOfCary

Commission for the church

Not sure if this is allowed. Feel free to delete if not appropriate. This is just a woodworking project I was asked to do for the local church. They needed something lighter than the heavy brass pieces in the sanctuary to use for the outdoor services that we're having during the Covid crisis...
  17. KenOfCary

Pistachio Pedestal

My sister say this and thinks its really cool with a place to put the shells. Wants me to make one. Trying to figure out how it is put together. Looks kind of like a router bowl inside another router bowl.
  18. KenOfCary

Golden Mallet Voting for 2020

This award is given to the person that best exemplifies the spirit of NCWW. Nominees this year are Roberta Moreton (Berta) and Richard Moore (Graywolf) Please select one. Voting will end about this time of day on May 15th.
  19. KenOfCary

Golden Mallet Nominations

Once again it is time to nominate members for the Golden Mallet award. This shall be presented to the member that we choose to be the best representative of the spirit of NCWW, the friendliest and most helpful site on the internet. Nominations should be posted to this thread (current board...
  20. KenOfCary

Call for Nominations

We have just posted a Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors of NCWW in the Corporate Forum. You must be a Corporate Member to Run or Vote in the election. Corporate Membership is simple - you just need to opt in to it and provide your actual address and contact information. The...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS