Search results

1. KenOfCary

Online Auction Christiansburg, VA - Tools

A workshop contents being auctioned off online with 18% buyers premium. Lots of hand and power tools here. https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Christiansburg/24073/3995643
  2. KenOfCary

Not logged in a while, but cannot post to for sale

What they both said. I see this morning that you're back to User status which should mean you're good to go now.
  3. KenOfCary

Thinking about making a Cat Tree

Not so worried about the cat tipping it over, but the Shepherd when she tries to get to where the food will be. The Shepherd can jump about 6' in the air as evidenced by the nose marks on the back sliding glass door.
  4. KenOfCary

That's a good idea as the floor space in the laundry room is pretty much all used up. The only available wall space is an outside log wall so anchoring the shelves shouldn't be much of a problem.
  5. KenOfCary

That won't be hard as the only open wall is an outside log wall. No need to find a stud.
  6. KenOfCary

Like the design. How are the posts attached to the horizontal boards?
  7. KenOfCary

We've been feeding the cat on top of the washing machine and the German Shepherd keeps jumping up there and stealing her food. So I thought I might make a tall cat tree with a platform up high to feed her on. Needs to be sturdy or anchored to the wall to keep the dog from knocking it over...
  8. KenOfCary

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

This is what I use on my very heavy workbench. They work great and fold up out of the way when not needed. https://www.rockler.com/rockler-workbench-caster-kit-4-pack
  9. KenOfCary

Where to get large slabs planed in the Raleigh area

Scott Smith (member here) has a 40+ inch planer in New Hill. Quartersawnoak.com I think is his site.
  10. KenOfCary

What moron designed this!

Ah, understand. But learning with inferior tools makes it much harder.
  11. KenOfCary

Edwards Mountain Woodworks

Welcome back sir. I took a saw sharpening class from you at Roy's many years ago and I have your Moulding Planes DVD on a shelf just above my desk here at home.
  12. KenOfCary

Grandfather Clock

What is the wood? Cherry? Looking great.
  13. KenOfCary

Online Auction in NRV Virginia

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Radford/24141/3918669 18% premium There is a good bit of WW equipment for sale. Grizzly, Jet, Rikon, etc.
  14. KenOfCary

New guy from Virginia's New River Valley

Welcome. I moved from Cary, NC to Floyd, VA when I retired. Love this area.
  15. KenOfCary

Señor Barato (Mr Cheapo)

I have used disposable scalpels for this. Here's a cheap set of them. Other shapes and sizes are available. Very, very sharp and thin...
  16. KenOfCary

Outdoor paint

I'd listen to Mike Davis' advice. He was a sign painter back in the day.
  17. KenOfCary

MFT users - question

The MFT gets little grooves in it when you saw across it. The BB would show these much more and also impede the saw's motion more.
  18. KenOfCary

WANTED - Parf guide borrow or rental

Got it sent today. Should be there Tuesday. Sent the tracking number via PM. Sure is nice to live in a small town. Only two people in line before me at the post office. If I was still in Cary it would have taken two hours to get to the counter this time of year. In thinking about it, I...
  19. KenOfCary

New front gates

That's some nice looking wood you have to work with. You might check with the blacksmith's that show up each year at the state fair. Not sure how to get in touch with them though. Maybe the fair office has contact info.
  20. KenOfCary

WANTED - Parf guide borrow or rental

I'll send you a tracking number once I get it in the mail. Might take some time to get to you during this busy shipping season.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS