Search results

1. M

Ductwork - Premium or Economy

I have had similar results with HVAC ducts. When i re-did my shop i used Nordfab duct work. I believe Grizzly sells a similar product or it may be Nordfab. Great stuff. you can rearrange it at any time. It joins by using a ring clamp with a gasket in it. No doubt it is expensive but boy in...
  2. M

Walnut Slab Coffee Table

HI Pete, I have to tell you i'm surprised that the method you used worked. I would have never thought that by wetting it down and clamping it to a bench that it would straighten. I'm amazed. I normally would use a router and a jig to flatten a slab. Well done, nice work.
  3. M

Antique Wood RT 38 South Carolina

Hello all, I have a question, when traveling to Myrtle Beach I always pass a building on the left side of Rt 38. The building has a large sign on it that says ANTIQUE WOOD. In the yard behind it and along side of it I see what looks like piles of barn timbers. It's usually later in the...
  4. M

Family Room Remodel

Hi Jay, Looks great, I'm trying to remember what your family room looked like the last time I visited in June. I can't remember the ceiling being cathedral. Wow, I need to pay more attention, I guess I was too overwhelmed by all the other work you were showing me in the other parts of the...
  5. M

Holly Lumber

Thanks Mark, Yea, I'm pretty sure I'd remember a Holly that big. Like I said we pretty much have ornamental bushes up here as far as I can see. I even spoke to a good friend of mine that's a tree cutter and he said the same thing that he's only come across a few trees in all his years of...
  6. M

Holly Lumber

Fellows, Thanks for the info, I've not used Holly before so I was not aware of its properties of staining. That's interesting to know. The piece that I did acquire was about 4ft long and 5 inches wide but was pretty clear. Actually very clear. One of the fellows on Sawmill Creek invited me to...
  7. M

Holly Lumber

Hello all, I have to ask, what is the going price of Holly Lumber in the Carolinas? I live in Pittsburgh PA and have a place in Myrtle Beach and of course I'm always driving between the two during the year and thought about the Holly Lumber because recently I had to acquire some and it's out...
  8. M

Auriou Rasps

Let me ask, I know that they re-started the file making business but are they true Auriou Rasps. I have a pretty good set of the originals but was timid to purchase the new ones. Because the original company is out of business. Are the new ones made in France? I did hear that the son or...
  9. M

Burl slabs in restaurant

Tony, What kind of burl is it? and how did you design the legs for it? It would be nice to see other pictures of it. I'm curious. Thanks
  10. M

festool Kapex

hi Dino, I was leery of the Kapex when I mounted it up. I was using a 12 inch Dewalt and thought about putting it back in place but once I got to use the Kapex for a few weeks I'm pretty satisfied. I thought about selling the Dewalt but I think I'll keep it for out of shop jobs.....I offered...
  11. M

New PBS Woodworking Program Begins

Well fellows if you guys happen to see that it is online please advise us less fortunate that aren't able to see it on TV.....
  12. M

New PBS Woodworking Program Begins

Boy, I wish they were broadcasting it in my area. Pittsburgh Pa.....I would have thought they would but I looked at the lineup and then emailed the local PBS station and I found out that it's not in their fall line up.... Maybe it will have an online site....
  13. M

Anyone need some WIDE double sided tape?

Well Tim if there is any left I sure would put it to good use. 3 or 4 inches wide is fine. even 2 inches. thank you.
  14. M

Completed five drawer chest. Finally!

Very nice Dino, good to see that you finished the project. I like the look of the color it turned out. take care Ben
  15. M

filling knots and cracks with sawdust and epoxy vs. sawdust and wood glue?

This post comes in time for me, I'll be building a few interior doors and after looking over the stock that I'll be using I have found that I'll need to fill a few larger voids. A few go the entire way through the stock. I remember filling a few like this years ago in fact it's been that long...
  16. M

Raffle Ticket numbers - IMPORTANT

thanks fellows, I received both my emails about both sets of tickets I'm sure we all can say we appreciate your hard work
  17. M

Raffle Ticket Purchase Change URGENT

Ray, I got a receipt for 4 tickets from NC woodworker this morning with my ticket numbers on it. That was for the second 4 that I purchased and not the first 4. It would not be of concern if it were for the first 4 because then I would thiink the second 4 would be forthcoming. My concern is...
  18. M

Raffle Ticket Purchase Change URGENT

Hi All, I received a recipt for 4 tickets this morning but not the other 4 that I purchased. I purchased 4 tickets on May 10th and 4 tickets on May 15th. I got a receipt for only the tickets purchased on May 15th. Should I be concerned that for some reason my other tickets did not make it...
  19. M

Flattening Glued Up Panels

I think hooking up with Mike Davis is a good bet and a good chance to learn a great deal.....Never turn down a chance to learn from one that offers to help....
  20. M

FINALLY finished the bed.

That is beautful, I'm not a carver so I can't imagine what it takes to keep the posts symmetrical. I know that's got to be difficult. Very nice.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors