1. Tiger Maple HF

Tiger Maple HF

2. N

Product For Good Smooth Buildup/Finish

MinWax Wipe on Poly.
  3. Cherry Burl Ornament

Cherry Burl Ornament

4. N

Merry Christmas or Nightmare Before Christmas??

I made this ornament for our family support group auction this year. I wondering if it's a little too "Tim Burton'esk"?? Additionally, I really like it matte but think I will need to spray lacquer it to make it more appealing to the potential bidders. Thoughts? Anywho, Cherry Burl and Holly...
  5. N

PM 3520B or something bigger?

Congrats, I'm truly envious!!!!
  6. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

Here are the final 3 versions I showed the Finance Minister. She like the one on the right, so that makes it the final version. It's very interesting to see the streaks across the grain. Thanks for looking.
  7. Quilted Maple HF

Quilted Maple HF

8. N

PM 3520B or something bigger?

I'm looking at buying my "final" lathe. Right now the Robust is the winner due in part to the sliding headstock and the fact that it is made in America. As stated, at this level, you really can't go wrong. I'm also drooling over the VB36 by Hegner, but I'm going to need to hit the lottery for...
  9. N

Cherry Burl "Goblet"

Don't do it marks2, if you do you'll never go back to flat work :rotflm:
  10. N

Cherry Burl "Goblet"

This is the first time I've ever turned a burl, so thought I'd start smallish and not too thin. The form is 5" tall, dry sanded to 600, BLO sanded with 600, hand rubbed shellac then hand sanded to 8000 MM. The base I took my inspiration from some tobacco pipe makers who rusticate their pipes...
  11. Cherry Burl Goblet

Cherry Burl Goblet

12. Cherry Burl Goblet

Cherry Burl Goblet

13. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

Henry, Thanks for that insightful critique. I have never heard about turning upside down, will try that in a bit. I don't feel you need to make something to have an informed opinion about proportions and design. Thanks for taking the time to write this. BTW, Just go for it...
  14. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

Bobby, critiquing tone appreciated, thanks for taking the time to......critique :gar-Bi
  15. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

I made a pedestal for it tonight out of Holly dyed black and sprayed with rattle can lacquer. It's a variation on the original. Would love some design thoughts.
  16. Tiger Maple Hollowform with Holly Pedestal (WIP)

Tiger Maple Hollowform with Holly Pedestal (WIP)

17. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

I made my own along the David Ellsworth design. Mine differ in that I used square stock and use a circular HSS cutter for my straight hollower.
  18. N

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

The Treasury Department (Mrs Davey), saw a small commercial HF with pedestal and finial at her friends house, and wanted one like it. After looking at it, it was the worst piece of work I've ever seen, and if any of you tell her that I'll swear I never said it. I finished the HF for her today...
  19. HF Adapter

HF Adapter

20. Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

Tiger Maple HF (WIP)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS