Search results

1. dlrion

Flag/Uniform Box

Hey guys, Long time no see… I got busy deploying and whatnot… Anyway, I have a question. A friend of mine's father in law died recently. He was an old airline pilot. My friend asked me to create a “uniform box” which would be similar in concept to a flag box. He wants it 3’6” wide, 4’...
  2. dlrion

My new extension lamp

I had a problem… I have a garage for one of my shops, the other is an outbuilding, and I can mount lamps just about anywhere, but for the garage, I couldn’t interfere with the opening of the door. I needed a way to light up my big bandsaw, I could have gotten a clamp lamp or something, but then...
  3. dlrion

First Turning since NC!

Wow guys, I have been super busy (lazy) getting all settled down here in California (I am military and got orders to Travis AFB)! I hauled Charlie's lathe 2500 miles across the country in the back of our moving truck, and FINALLY got my shop(s) set up… and well one of them is kindof organized...
  4. dlrion

Gettin my shop worked out!

Hey Guys! It has been a while since I posted here! We moved to California to Travis AFB, and I am learning to Engineer for the KC 10 refueler! We finally got into a really nice house and have the internet turned on… and I am finally unpacking all my wood and tools after nearly a 9...
  5. dlrion

Urgent Help with Cabinets!

Hey guys, I need some help, I am Air Force, located in Goldsboro, and I am cross training, and getting a new base in California. I am currently in Washington State going through SERE training. We are leaving for California in Sept, and we need to get our house "rentable" we bought it as a...
  6. dlrion

Goldsboro Lunch! One last time!

Guys I am sorry I kinda let the shop crawl get away from me, I got orders to California and I have been flying all over the country learning how to do my new job. I got back two weeks ago. I would really like to have one last lunch with you guys but I will be in Nevada for a week this month...
  7. dlrion

Transporting Wood

I have collected several hundred dollars worth of really nice wood - quite a few bowl blanks, some larger pieces for the lathe and quite a bit of flat wood. Cherry, Walnut, Padauk, IPE etc. I am moving to California with the Air Force in Sept. Last year just leaving some of the larger more...
  8. dlrion

Goldsboro Lunch Again!

Sorry guys, a couple people PM'd me and asked when we are getting together... I have been REALLY REALLY busy with a new class I am taking. How does March 27th at 1:00 sound? any takers? Dan
  9. dlrion

I need one of these

So Very Awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdXzaGFkWfU
  10. dlrion

Big Sign Finished Product

My boss gave me the day off with the promise that I would make him a sign for our work center. I made this in just under 7 hours so it was a pretty good deal, I would much rather fool around in my shop than fix aircraft any day! It is supposed to look be designed after old fashioned...
  11. dlrion

Big Sign for work

My boss told me that I can have a day off if I can make a gigantic sign for our workcenter. The sign will have to say "CANN DOCK" it needs to be about 6 feet long. I was thinking about using MDF to route the letters, and then painting everything black with white border and white letters...
  12. dlrion

Goldsboro Lunch Tomorrow!

New China Restaurant on Berkeley Blvd, 2:00 Sound good? Who all is coming?
  13. dlrion

Segmented Cherry WIP - Photo heavy

This is a work in progress - it will be a cherry vase This is what I have done so far Design View image in gallery Rough wood View image in gallery Plane the wood View image in gallery clean it up on the jointer View image in gallery nice square piece of...
  14. dlrion

Wilderness Clock

Made a Wilderness Clock for my sister... I have to stop giving away all my awesome creations! Hard Maple with Laquer View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery
  15. dlrion

Feed me!!

Ok this is not that impressive until I tell you I did it in one sitting. It took me 3 1/2 hours. That is SUPER fast for me. This new saw has no vibration, and moving the blade is SO EASY!!! In a way I am glad I learned on the old shaky saw. Builds character! View image in gallery...
  16. dlrion

Weather Station

Made a weather station, it has a Thermometer, Hygrometer, and a Barometer. Walnut and Poplar, finished with Laquer View image in gallery
  17. dlrion

Tool Protective Services

Had to take a drive up to Virginia, and put in some elbow grease. But I got a type 1 for $230 I think that there should be someone who finds old misused tools and takes them away from people like the guy I got this saw from. They could give the saw's to "Foster Shops" to be cared for and...
  18. dlrion

Sweet Gum and Cherry Segmented Bowl!!

This is just a crappie old bowl, that is not very good, which sucks which I threw together because I didn't have anything better to do. (Sound familiar Earl??) This is my first attempt without Charlie or Earl standing over my shoulder helping me! You know what gets me mad? I got this entire...
  19. dlrion

Goldsboro Lunch Again!

Hey I was thinking we should get together on the 16th or 23rd of January to brag about our Christmas adventures! All in favor??

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS