Search results

1. R

Combs.pdf 2019-04-16

PDF pattern for wooden combs. Print it out, glue it to your wood and cut it out. The line just above the teeth on the pattern should line up with the glue joint of the spine. The spine is glued cross grain to the teeth with a tongue and grove joint to stiffen the comb.
  2. R

Cane2 2019-04-16

Cane handle template
  3. R

Velma Cane 2019-04-16

Cane I made for my mother-in-law
  4. R

Removing wax from table top

Thanks for the help guys.
  5. R

Removing wax from table top

I just built a dinning room table and sprayed the top with General Finishes High Performance satin wb finish. I then applied a coat of paste wax to the top. Just plain old Johnson's paste wax. I then realized that I needed to build up the top coat more. What's the best stuff to use to remove the...
  6. R

What to do with spare parts?

Nice work Pete! I really like the spoons.
  7. R

Adam, If you have a way to cut them up, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of pieces to play with.
  8. R

I haven't even thought about that. I have been using the cutoffs to make plugs for the screw holes. Takes about 100 plugs for a rocking chair.
  9. R

Mike, The top is 22" in diameter and the height is 24". I cut a 19" circle out of 3/4" plywood to attach the legs, hoop and top. The tops of the legs and plywood were cut on a 12.5º angle to match the flair of the hoop. The whole thing is put together with screws and plugged. The hoop fits...
  10. R

After making a few rocking chairs from wine barrels what do you do with the spare barrel heads, staves and hoops? You make a table! The card part is finding rivets so you can make the hoops smaller. I found #10 galvanized steel rivets at Holcomb Hardware on Main Street Mt. Airy under about an...
  11. Wine_Barrell_Table_1

Wine_Barrell_Table_1

Parts made from a oak wine barrel
  12. R

Wine barrel rocking chairs

Wineries will sell their old barrels. They use the barrels for about 5 years after which all the effects the oak has on the wine has been used up. New french oak barrels are EXPENSIVE, over $1,000.00 each. A local winery, Shelton"s Vineyards, sells their used barrels for $100.00 each. I think...
  13. R

Wine barrel rocking chairs

A friend brought me some wine barrels and wanted rocking chairs made from them. Beautiful, knot free 1 1.4" thick french oak but absolutely no straight edges or flat surfaces. Put together with stainless steel screws and finished with spar varnish. The dark stain is red wine.
  14. R

Recycled Church Pews

The woodworking was easy, finishing was the pain. It was hard saying "This is close enough!" and stop working on the piece.
  15. R

Recycled Church Pews

A friend brought me three 10' long church pews. He wanted them cut down to 4' long and build a table from the remaining wood. The catch was he wanted to keep the finish that was on the pews. The pews had been used in his church for over 60 years. When I removed one of the ends 2 pennies from...
  16. R

Wine Cases

You're right Jeff, that is exactly how it works. The 12 bottle case has 2 layer of racks of 6 bottles each. I've had to modify the racks to hold larger champagne bottles and made some cradles to hold 875 ml port bottles which are about the same size as a beer bottle. Rick Doby
  17. R

Wine Cases

Chris, The top half of the racks slide out so you can get to the bottles.
  18. R

Wine Cases

I made 6 of each size for the initial order. I hope they sell quick.
  19. R

Wine Cases

Shelton's will be putting these out for sell in their tasting room. I think they are planning to offer some package deals with a new wine they are offering next month. There's a concert there Saturday evening. The Coconut Groove Band, Key West Party Band will be there. I'll be there. Come on up...
  20. R

Wine Cases

Mike, Your right but this was a first time run. If these sell well and they start to order more silk screen will be they to go.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS