Search results

1. R

What angle do you grind your gouges?

It appears that there are a number of different angles people grind their gouges. What angle do you use. Spindle gouge and bowl gouge.
  2. R

bowl coring system

Does anyone know if there is a bowl coring system that will work on a jet midi lathe with 10" swing?
  3. R

New Desk

This is a picture of a desk I made for my son recently. It is made from baltic birch and mahogany. Desk top is 51" X 24". top to floor is 30". Bottom of desk to floor is 25".
  4. R

Finally Finished

I finally finished a harvest table I have been working on for a while. It is made from red oak and is 6' x 41" with out center leaf and 8' with center leaf. I finished it with rock hard table varnish and buffed out the finish. I was worried I had bitten off more than I could chew since it is...
  5. R

Baltic Birch

What is the difference in regular baltic birch and BBB baltic birch?:eusa_thin
  6. R

Buffing out a varnish finish

Has anyone used an buffing machine and auto polishing compound to get the dust nibs out of a varnish finish? If so could you explain the technique you used. example: Did you use water to keep the polish from drying before you got everything smoothed out.
  7. R

Salt and Pepper set

Here is a salt and pepper set made from Maple the black areas are Epoxy mixed with Black Acrylic Paint.
  8. R

Cutting Board

Here is a picture of a Maple, Cherry, and Walnut Cutting Board I just finished. It is 12 inhes wide and 20 inches long. I used walnut oil and bee's wax to finish it.
  9. R

Rockler Lathe Duplicator

Has anyone tried the Rockler Lathe duplicator? According to the web site it is suppose to fit a 12" to 20" swing Lathes. The manual they have posted says it is for a 14" swing Lathe. I am assuming it has to be modified to fit the other lathe sizes. I submitted an email to there technical help...
  10. R

veneer strips on turned projects

Have any of you tried applying veneer trim strips to turned projects like pepper mills and bowls? I purchased a book on the subject but it turned out that it was more about turning the object than applying the veneer. Do you have to wet the strips so they will bend around the radius?:BangHead:
  11. R

Layered Bowls

I am going to be turning some bowls and want to try layering different woods. Do I need to align the grain in each layer so that expansion and contraction does not end up turning them into scrap?
  12. R

Hello from a new member

I would like to introduce myself to all. My name is Alan Brackett. I live in Brown Summit, NC. I have just been doing wood work for about two years. I like working on the lathe and scroll saw.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS