Search results

1. J

Where to find Steel Tubing and Angle Iron in GSO area?

Looking to purchase a piece of rectangular steel tubing (2"x3"x1/4" 4 ft long) and a piece of 3"x4"x1/4" 4ft long) Angle Iron to do a DIY Biesenmyer fence for my table saw. Trying to find a cheap source in the area. Called Ryerson Metals and they have a >$300 minimum order requirement. Any...
  2. J

Looking for a Machine Shop in GSO area

I'm looking for a machine shop in the Greensboro area to do a one off custom job. I need to have an 8 foot solid steel outrigger tube cut down by about 2.5 ft, and have the end tapped to take a 12mm screw. Tube is about 2" in diameter. Then I need to have an accompanying Reference bar...
  3. J

Sold- Moving sale: Jet 14" Bandsaw

Am relocating and will be without a shop for a while, so I thought I should clear out some stuff and save the moving cost and labor. Have a Jet 14" Bandsaw, the open stand model with 3/4 hp motor. Includes the following upgrades and accessories: 6" riser block, Carter Spring upgrade, Carter...
  4. J

SOLD Bosch 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $200

Have come to the conclusion that I really don't need a sliding miter saw, that a standard one would be good enough. Purchased way back when Charlotte hosted the Wood Working Shows. Includes an after market laser and a pretty new Freud 10" Diablo Cross Cut blade. Not used too often, especially...
  5. J

Any ideas on a better ways to attach Dust Collector Bag?

I've had a Jet DC-650 dust collector for many years, that I'm tired of the way the dust bag is attached to the collector. I'm still using the standard metal bands that feed through the cloth bag belt loops. I hate that always slips off when I'm engaging the tightening mechanism, and that...
  6. J

Looking to buy some Christmas Presents

I'm looking for a couple of hand crafted Christmas Presents: Wine Stopper for around $25 Pen/ Pencil Set for around $35 Looking for something that has nice wood figure/contrast. Thanks, John
  7. J

GSO CL: Tormek T-7 Watercooled sharpening system - $400 (Kernersville)

Not Mine: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/2157888056.html
  8. J

Did anyone know about the Thomaville Woodworking contest?

I was just reading in the local county paper (Davidson County Reporter) that Thomasville announced the winners of a woodworking contest. Did anyone here know about the contest? I wish I had known about it, I would have like to have seen the submissions. Would anyone else be interested in a...
  9. J

Anyone know a plumber?

Does anyone know of a plumber in the Thomasville area that can rough in a Basement bath? We're starting to finish our basement and need to find a plumber to install a tub/shower unit (already purchased), stub out the supply lines, connect an ejector pump (not purchased), and do any of the other...
  10. J

Directions to MWTCA Meeting in Raleigh

Does anyone have the address of where this weekends MWTCA meeting in Raleigh will be? I'm hoping to attend it and need to know the address and time to get there. Thanks, John Wallwork
  11. J

Time to introduce myself

Thought I should go ahead introduce myself now that I've posted a information/ Question in another forum (Where Can I Buy or Sell). I've been lurking for a few months now, quietly enjoying the website. I don't believe in commenting unless I have something usefull to say. I grew up in...
  12. J

Possible Wood Sources near Winston Salem

Does anyone know anything InternetLumber.com. Their website indicates their offices are in Yadkinville, NC at 3637 Canterbury Lane, and that they have warehouses in Winston-Salem. Do they have good quality boards? Their pricing seems comparable to Wall Lumber. Also has anyone heard of a place...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors