Search results

1. J

Where to find Steel Tubing and Angle Iron in GSO area?

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. DH Griffin was especially good because my company has them as a client and I'm working on a project for one of there other divisions. I completely forgot about the scrap metal side of there business.
  2. J

Where to find Steel Tubing and Angle Iron in GSO area?

Looking to purchase a piece of rectangular steel tubing (2"x3"x1/4" 4 ft long) and a piece of 3"x4"x1/4" 4ft long) Angle Iron to do a DIY Biesenmyer fence for my table saw. Trying to find a cheap source in the area. Called Ryerson Metals and they have a >$300 minimum order requirement. Any...
  3. J

Looking for a Machine Shop in GSO area

Thankyou, will give them a call. I go to Kernersville frequently so that would convenient to get to.
  4. J

I'm trying to mimic the existing assembly, see the image from the assembly manual. The bar is, I believe, stainless steel and harder than what I currently have (hacksaw, Dremel) for cutting. I also can't justify getting a cut off saw. Also I don't think I have the tooling to do accurate...
  5. J

I'm looking for a machine shop in the Greensboro area to do a one off custom job. I need to have an 8 foot solid steel outrigger tube cut down by about 2.5 ft, and have the end tapped to take a 12mm screw. Tube is about 2" in diameter. Then I need to have an accompanying Reference bar...
  6. J

Sold- Moving sale: Jet 14" Bandsaw

Am relocating and will be without a shop for a while, so I thought I should clear out some stuff and save the moving cost and labor. Have a Jet 14" Bandsaw, the open stand model with 3/4 hp motor. Includes the following upgrades and accessories: 6" riser block, Carter Spring upgrade, Carter...
  7. J

SOLD Bosch 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $200

Have come to the conclusion that I really don't need a sliding miter saw, that a standard one would be good enough. Purchased way back when Charlotte hosted the Wood Working Shows. Includes an after market laser and a pretty new Freud 10" Diablo Cross Cut blade. Not used too often, especially...
  8. J

Anyone else interested in a Saw Sharpening Workshop?

November works for me.
  9. J

Anyone else interested in a Saw Sharpening Workshop?

I would be. Have some saws I've been wanting to sharpen.
  10. J

Any ideas on a better ways to attach Dust Collector Bag?

I have been debating the idea off upgrading to a Wynn Cannister Filter and put a dust deputy cyclone. Thinking about it as a Christmas present for myself.
  11. J

Interesting, still have the issue of the hooks and metal edges catching on the bag though. Ideally I'd like to get away from the metal bands. But definitely something I can try out. Off to the hardware store.
  12. J

I've had a Jet DC-650 dust collector for many years, that I'm tired of the way the dust bag is attached to the collector. I'm still using the standard metal bands that feed through the cloth bag belt loops. I hate that always slips off when I'm engaging the tightening mechanism, and that...
  13. J

Looking to buy some Christmas Presents

I'm looking for 1 wine stopper (for now) and 1 Pen/Pencil Set. They do not need to match, they are for different family members. Thanks, John
  14. J

Looking to buy some Christmas Presents

I'm looking for a couple of hand crafted Christmas Presents: Wine Stopper for around $25 Pen/ Pencil Set for around $35 Looking for something that has nice wood figure/contrast. Thanks, John
  15. J

Delta's a done deal !

Ryobi is owned by Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd.
  16. J

GSO CL: Tormek T-7 Watercooled sharpening system - $400 (Kernersville)

Not Mine: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/2157888056.html
  17. J

Manny's woodworkers place

When I lived in Lexington, KY, I used to shop at his store in downtown Lexington all the time. A good fellow.
  18. J

Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event in Raleigh

Craft Center? Where was this when I was attending state?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS