Search results

1. garage floor - 2016

garage floor - 2016

Garage floor in 2016, 9 years after installing.
  2. garage floor - 2016 - tire marks

garage floor - 2016 - tire marks

3. garage floor - 2016 - closeup

garage floor - 2016 - closeup

4. T

Warranty and customer service for Rikon items

I had a problem with the switch on my Rikon bandsaw being flaky several years back. A quick call and they had one in the mail to me, no fuss, no paperwork, no return.
  5. T

The Forge - Greensboro's Makerspace

In Charlotte there is Hackerspace Charlotte (http://hackerspacecharlotte.org). I don't know what they have there in the way of tools.
  6. T

Wood for Raised beds

For some other ideas, here is a previous post on this topic: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52166
  7. T

Lumber for raised beds - HELP! :(

Cedar and cheap (about $35 for a 3' x 6' bed): It uses 5.5" x 6' dog eared cedar fence boards from the Home Depot. I was a little concerned because the boards are fairly thin (5/8"), but it has held up fine for two years now. I'm working on building three more beds for this season. Credit...
  8. T

Anyway to fix a Shop Vac?

I second emailing them. My motor stopped suddenly a little over the 5 year warranty period, and I emailed to see if replacement motors were available. They just sent me a new motor for free. Their customer service goes beyond what anyone can expect a company should do.
  9. T

Poll: Workshop Floor

As a workshop floor, it'll get a lot of abuse. I don't think you can do much to repair laminate when it gets damaged, and a prefinished bamboo will be difficult to refinish because of the factory coating. If you go with unfinished oak or plywood, you should be able to choose your finish for...
  10. T

AC/USB Wall Outlets

I have one installed, I think the Leviton T5630. My main motivation of installing one is that I have young kids in the house and didn't want them to be pulling out the charger and having 120 volts exposed on the pins. It works fine for most of my devices, including a quick charge on my phone...
  11. T

25% off at Enco

Free shipping on all orders $25 or more with promo code PRSJUL. Expires 7/31/13.
  12. T

Irwin quick clamps - 6 piece set - Lowe's $9.99 YYMV

FYI, these are the mini quick-grips for the 6" and 12" clamps. The mini are not reversible and light duty, though I've found them to work fine. The smallest ones are even lighter duty.
  13. T

Irwin quick clamps - 6 piece set - Lowe's $9.99 YYMV

$9.99 at Lowes of N Concord, NC (the Kannapolis store).
  14. T

User name mysteriously changed

That could be right. It has been a while since i've been prompted to log in, and it was just by chance that i glanced at the top of the screen and noticed the change. I thought maybe i was losing my mind. :) Thanks for fixing it!
  15. T

User name mysteriously changed

My user name appears to have from "thrytis" to "thrytis15nc". I'm not sure when it happened, but it must have since the last time i was logged out since i wasn't able to log in again with the original user name. Was there a reason for this change? Thanks!
  16. T

Tablets (Android/iPad) in the Shop

They make waterproof pouches for tablets that you can use the tablet while sealed in the bag (including the touch screen), which should handle any dust issues. If you don't like doing everything by touch screen, a bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be used, and many support HDMI out to a TV or...
  17. T

Correcting moisture issues in floor

Besides caulk between the threshold and the board under it, there was no flashing. I was able to slide a putty knife between the slab and the board under the threshold, so there wasn't even any caulk under there. Will the tape flashing seal against the brick? Is the flashing typically left...
  18. door sill

door sill

Door sill with threshold removed
  19. Door sill

Door sill

Door sill with threshold removed.
  20. T

Correcting moisture issues in floor

Here are photos. The sill touching the deck: Around the side showing the edge of the deck and corner of the house: The ledger from above. It is hard to see, but it is brick above the ledger. The ledger from below the deck: It looks like the ledger here is bolted onto the house. The...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS