Search results

1. T

Cypress, Cedar, Teak

Does anyone know the name of the place near China grove that has 4/4 teak? Thanks,
  2. T

Wayward pin nails

I frequently have 18 gauge pin nails bend and come out the sides of parts I’m trying to assemble using them (attaching a face frame to a cabinet for example). Using a Hitachi air powered pin nailer. Even angling the nailer slightly to encourage the pin to not come out the most visible side is...
  3. T

Dewalt Miter saw stand with 2 additional material support/stops

Dewalt DWX723 Stand w/2 supports (new $229) with (2) Dewalt DW7029 Support/Stops (new $39 each)- I bought these November of last year and used until I made a miter saw station in March this year. Reducing to $175 for all-(I’d rather do business with a NCWW member than put it in Facebook or...
  4. T

WTB 8" tool rest

Wanted: 8 inch long lathe tool rest with 1inch diameter post. I have a 4" and a 12" - need something in between, 8" seems about right.
  5. T

Wide pine boards

I have an old family heirloom table, the top of which is (2) pine boards, each 20 inches wide. I’d like to make another table just like it since this one is only 56 inches long - we need more seating when all the family is here. Is there any chance someone may know of a source for 20” wide pine...
  6. T

Dead Cherry tree - Spindle turning

Good to know - Thanks Steve!
  7. T

Dead Cherry tree - Spindle turning

We have a cherry tree that died (didn't come out this Spring) which came as a transplant from my wife's Grandmother's place. I thought it would be nice to use some of the limbs (2-4" diameter) to do some spindle turning to make small vases (what Mike Peace calls "weed pots"). Would these limbs...
  8. T

Dewalt 12" Sliding Miter Saw - $350

Lowes in Salisbury has 4 DWS779’s in stock. I just got one. Thanks for the heads up.
  9. T

Woodturning Classes

I obviously haven't checked in to NC Woodworker often enough, as I would have loved to have participated in these classes. Please let me know if you offer more in the future. Thanks,
  10. T

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Nice!
  11. T

November Wood Turning

Nice job. Like I read somewhere - once you start turning, you look at every downed tree as a potential project.
  12. T

Which is the better Dewalt Scroll saw?

FWIW, should anyone need repair on the Dewalt 788, there is a guy I met at the Atlanta woodworking show who tunes and repairs them. I recently had him do mine when it started making a knocking noise. Name is Bob Brokaw. He also has videos on 788 repair & maintenance on the Gwinnett Woodworkers...
  13. T

Opinions of Crown Turning Tools?

I'm sure you've already purchased tools by now. One bit of good advice I saw recently for us new turners is to not get the very best there is at first, as we'll grind off a lot of metal before we learn to sharpen properly. Later after skill in sharpening (and turning) is acquired move up to more...
  14. T

Eagle Hunter

Beautiful!
  15. T

Two More Something Different

Beautiful!
  16. T

Just to show folks that I still make sawdust

That's beautiful! Great work!
  17. T

Today's Production - More Reindeer

I made a couple over Christmas from the patterns you gave me when you visited earlier in the year. I hadn't thought of making earrings but will try that for the wife. Where did you get the earring hardware? Thanks! Hope to see you again soon!
  18. T

Learning to turn

The CMW website says the auction is for members only - is that correct?
  19. T

My first attempt at turning a bowl and a mushroom

Great job on both!
  20. T

Found Another One In The Woodpile

Impressive!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS