Search results

1. S

Rubbing out water borne laquer

You could use a block with 1500-2000 grit wet. Water is fine as a lubricant in this situation. Don't push hard, get it to start dragging. Then buff using some fine grit compound and the dull spots where you sanded will go away.
  2. S

New Bass Guitar Build

The best I've had. The sustain is incredible!
  3. S

Rubbing out water borne laquer

Terry Howard is correct. Don't start with such a high grain paper. 400-600 to start to level it. Also, like he said 4 coats will be very easy to wear through. Depending on how smooth (glass) you want it, is how far you sand up to. If you want glass, then 2000. Also, DO NOT use an electric...
  4. S

New Bass Guitar Build

Thanks all. It was a challenging project due to the curved body. Nothing is flat making it very difficult to do ANYTHING! Appreciate all your comments.
  5. S

New Bass Guitar Build

hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. Been working hard on this new Bass build. Want to throw this out there and show you the finished product. This is a 5 string fretless made from Zebra wood, Padouk, Sapele, Walnut, Maple and Ebony. It's got 6 coats of lacqure buffed to a shine...
  6. S

Latest Bass Build

Bartolini soapbar, active/passive, 18v electronics.
  7. S

Latest Bass Build

Thanks guys. Kevin it is the one you saw. It will remain a fretless. The side markers on a fretless are suppose to be on the fret so when you play you play on the dots to stay in tune. On a fretted, the dots are in between the frets because the length of the string will ultimately be when the...
  8. S

Latest Bass Build

Thanks guys. Jeff it will be a fretless, I still need to put in side dots and am debating what to do on the fingerboard if anything. Suggestions?
  9. S

Latest Bass Build

Thought some of you may want to see my latest bass build. This one is made from Zebra wood, Padouk, Sapele, Walnut, Maple and Ebony. http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd405/szonce/ZonceBass2/ Steve
  10. S

Classifieds

Can't get to classifieds. Insufficient privileges.
  11. S

Sound Samples - Bass build final assembly

Re: Sound Sample - Bass build final assembly Nice job my friend!
  12. S

Cast Iron Extension Table

OK just call me when you can. 704-819-3215
  13. S

27" x 10" x 1 3/4"
  14. S

I have a left ext wing for a grizzly saw. They originally sent me the wrong one so this is a left over. You can PM if you want to come see if it will work for you.
  15. S

Edge Sander?

Anyone know where I can find a cheap edge sander or if anyone has one could I use?
  16. S

2nd AnnualCharlotte area Xmas Demo-interest?

Had a great time getting together everyone. Hope to see you all soon, Steve
  17. S

What to thin with?

Thanks guys. We'll see what happens.:gar-Bi
  18. S

Custom Bass Guitar Build

Thank Kyle. I'm going to be doing a new build so I will need more wood. I'll be in touch.
  19. S

What to thin with?

Hey guys my dad wants to thin behlen pore-o-pac grain filler. I looked up online and they make a reducer for it, but he's too impatient and needs to do it now! What could he use? I know it's oil based.
  20. S

2nd AnnualCharlotte area Xmas Demo-interest?

I'll hitch a ride with ED.:occasion1

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS