Search results

1. Dean Maiorano

Chisels

+1 for TC's. Hirsch brand out of Germany is a good chisel as well. I have read that Hirsch steel is the same that was / is used in Two Cherries. Here's an auction on eBay (not mine), for a full set of chisels. German steel...
  2. Dean Maiorano

latest carvings part one

Fantastic work as always. Nicely executed and well framed / grounded
  3. Dean Maiorano

Latest bird

Is this for personal consumption, a gift or for sale? I ask because I'm usually making prototypes or gifts, not accomplishing much commercial success with wood lately. I'm working on that though and wondered if you are too. Nice work. I'm still much more stylized when I do feathers...
  4. Dean Maiorano

Hi from a new member

Hello. Welcome to Woodworkers Anonymous. My name is Dean and I've been a woodworkaholic for over twenty five years.
  5. Dean Maiorano

Workbench build - tool cabinet shell complete

Re: added leg vice Fantastic ideas and build. It is truly awesome, thanks for sharing the effort and tips.
  6. Dean Maiorano

Free spalted sycamore (some quartersawn)

It's so nice to be back in North Carolina and on this forum. Witnessing the niceness of people on here and in this area, no matter how small the act, is inspiring to watch.
  7. Dean Maiorano

C/L find...Good deal or not?

^ THAT ^ You got a steal. Glad to see you took facts into consideration.
  8. Dean Maiorano

router tearout

Nice find. OP, there you go then.
  9. Dean Maiorano

Treatment With Fungi Makes a Modern Violin Sound Like a Stradivarius

Thanks everyone for the comments and discussion. Every point was well worth reading and remembering. It's so nice to be back on this forum joining with some of the greatest and kindest people I've ever met online.
  10. Dean Maiorano

router tearout

Is that a sacrificial board below the work in the first picture? Why did the center tang cut at the right side go through the sacrificial board at an angle? Personally I'd consider a dovetail jig with sacrificial boards on both sides. I'd also consider a setup that would allow more than one...
  11. Dean Maiorano

Ernie - great points of your own, thank you for the informative contribution to the thread.
  12. Dean Maiorano

My apologies, the main intention was to point out the interesting test done. I like all things wood and finding out that post construction changes can be made with fungus is fascinating. Of course, as with any natural product such influences should be expected. Exposure to moisture, light...
  13. Dean Maiorano

I mean the same as well...I guess me putting MAN in all caps detracted from the (hu) in front of it. On account of those customers that know the difference we're all rewarded. However, too many shoppers think that they are supporting limited production or hand crafted products when in fact...
  14. Dean Maiorano

In this war we need slogans! "Put The Hand Back In Handcrafted" "Put The (hu)MAN Back in Craftsmanship" And so on...
  15. Dean Maiorano

Interesting article on the effects of fungus on a violin's sound: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120908081611.htm
  16. Dean Maiorano

Now THIS is a Knife---Block

You do very nice work. Everything really came together in this project. Thanks for sharing.
  17. Dean Maiorano

Sheets of Formica and/or Plastic Laminate in the Triangle Area

Yes, the Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a good place to start. They take in all manner of stuff - from inventory purges and job site leftovers to decent quality salvaged counter tops - somewhere in that mix should be something you can use.
  18. Dean Maiorano

Last holiday commissions done

Fantastique!
  19. Dean Maiorano

Bass Build - almost there

Nice indeed! Fantastic design and hardware choices.
  20. Dean Maiorano

needing small wooden letters? Can you advise?

Chris, I don't think you'll find letters that small. I spent several years in the sign industry and never saw anything that small in wood, it really would be pushing the material to its limits, as you know. You could try a local sign shop or trophy/engraving shop to see if they have...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS