Search results

1. Sawdust Denny

Helping To Keep Interest in Woodworking Alive and Well

We have been doing a remodeling project the past few weeks which has given me the opportunity to share my woodworking interest with some of the contractors and their sons. In the past two weeks I have had the privilege of showing three new turners how to make pens, two teenage brothers and a man...
  2. Sawdust Denny

Pens for Christmas

I started turning pens earlier this year so it only seemed fitting to make them for Christmas presents. :lightbulb Here are a few examples of what family members found in their stockings. :shocked7fl: View image in gallery Acrylic Patrizio Pen View image in gallery Cocobolo Comfort...
  3. Sawdust Denny

October Wedding Projects

My daughter was married in October and the following are a couple of projects she requested for the wedding. The pens were for signing the guest book and the quilted walnut and mahogany box was for wedding cards. View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery
  4. Sawdust Denny

Workshop Home to Large Bug

This is the first prototype of a grasshopper pull toy I want to start making for friends and relatives with small children. While I am pleased with the way this one turned out there are still a few bugs to work out. :rotflm: Although it is brown in color it is also "Green" since it was made from...
  5. Sawdust Denny

Think Green With Kiln Dried Scrap

A local lumber wholesaler grades kiln dried lumber in their warehouse and sells the cut off as fire wood. I have found these scraps to be great for small projects and can also be used for smaller pieces like drawer parts on large projects. This saves having to cut small pieces out of longer...
  6. Sawdust Denny

Rikon Band Saw Finds New Home

I would like to start by thanking everyone who provided Dave with feedback on his thread concerning their experiences with the Rikon band saw. I have been looking for a band saw for quite a while and had about decided to go with a Delta. However, after reading your comments and doing some...
  7. Sawdust Denny

Inexpensive Way to Clean Pitch From Saw Blades and Other Cutting Tool

I learned this trick from a seasoned woodworker over thirty years ago and it is much less expensive than using the spray blade cleaners. This can be used for saw blades, router and shaper bits, etc. Make sure you remove the bearing from routing bits before cleaning. Combine a solution of three...
  8. Sawdust Denny

Hello From New Member

Just found this site a little over a week ago and looked like a good place to meet folks with a common interest. Still learning my way around the site but have already found some useful and interesting information.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors