Search results

1. Tom from Clayton

Rusty Brown and Sharpe combination square

Thanks Mark and thanks for your service. Navy here, 66-70. I think my father gave a lot of his stuff to the younger guys at work and only kept what he used in his basement woodworking shop. He spent a lot time down there after retiring calling it "pottin around".
  2. Tom from Clayton

Thanks. I know it's a good name as I looked it up. They still sell the 3 piece and 4 piece combo square for a pretty penny. As for scratches, this thing is already pretty scratched up. I don't know how my Dad used it but it's well used. I don't use it much as I usually use one of those...
  3. Tom from Clayton

Belonged to my father before me and has fallen victim to water damage. I can pretty much remove the rusty spots but could use some guidance on removing the stains. This is pretty old and used hard by my father. He was a tool and die maker at Clark equipment and apparently used this at work...
  4. Tom from Clayton

Burial Urns

Got it, Mark. This summer is just fine. Really appreciate your help and the work you folks do.
  5. Tom from Clayton

Burial Urns

Got it. Thanks Neal.
  6. Tom from Clayton

Burial Urns

Thanks Mark but I was interested in getting one for myself. Family and I have moved to Michigan and although I'm not circling the drain yet it is near enough in the future I need to think about it. I was hoping to somehow get the disassembled urn with a Navy emblem (U.S. Navy 66-70) and...
  7. Tom from Clayton

Burial Urns

Is this program still going on? Haven't seen anything about it for some time now. Please move this to the appropriate forum if necessary.
  8. Tom from Clayton

Droppers

Amazon carries them by the hundreds. Look up transfer pipettes
  9. Tom from Clayton

Bandsaw Blade Ticking

Happened to me on my Jet 14 inch. I first thought it was the weld but after checking like mentioned above, I eventually decided to tighten the nuts holding the wheels on. the lower blade wasn't what I would call loose but I could tighten it slightly and the tick went away.
  10. Tom from Clayton

1st Time for Everything

My wife took tap as a child. At 76 she can still do the buffalo step all the way across a room. I do not encourage this!
  11. Tom from Clayton

Salt and Pepper Grinders

Exceptional design and work!
  12. Tom from Clayton

Band Aids

Can't use band aids on my arms. Don't know how or when it happened but now my skin peels off when I take the band ad off. The resulting wound is worse than the original owie. I use a blood clotting powder I happened to pick up a few years ago.
  13. Tom from Clayton

10 years - cigarette free

Going on 40 years here.
  14. Tom from Clayton

ISO shop stools

You might try building one of these by Steve Ramsey: . I've built several of varying heights and they are quite easy to do.
  15. Tom from Clayton

Settling the Imperial/Metric Debate...

My dad used the term frog fuzz as in take just a frog fuzz off that board.
  16. Tom from Clayton

Ever Seen or Use one?

Have used a flip phone for years AT&T recently informed me that it wasn't 5g compatible and send me a brand new free flip phone called the Flip IV that has more bells and whistles than I could ever learn to use. How much you wana bet my bill goes up due to data usage.
  17. Tom from Clayton

Cultivator table

I always love these repurposed uses for things not always associated with woodworking. I put an oval WO tabletop on my Dads old Craftsman table saw base which was a repurposed treadle sewing machine base. I would post pics but it is on the way to Michigan from NC as I am in the middle of a move.
  18. Tom from Clayton

Spoons!

I have been wanting to make spoons for a long time but I'm hopelessly design impaired. Please keep it on the down low but I may just steal some of those designs because they are fantastic.
  19. Tom from Clayton

Cool pic

The more I look at that the more impossible it seems.
  20. Tom from Clayton

Little Red Tubes

Yup, never throw one out. When the can is mt I save the tube. Of course I can rarely find them again.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors