Search results

1. W

Flexible trim molding

Per request from the Mrs, I am looking to put some flexible trim molding in an area in our master bedroom. Need some insight into where I can find some flexible molding locally and the approx cost? I do not recall seeing this at the local HD or Lowes. Any insight on where I can buy this and...
  2. W

Would this hold? Plan B

After much debate with another friend of mine about the sturdiness of the earlier book shelf, I am finally planning on building someone even more simpler. Below is the plan. Assuming the shelf depth is 12 inches I was thinking if I can cut 6 inches in all the connecting pieces and then fit...
  3. plan2

plan2

plan
  4. plan1

plan1

plan
  5. W

Is this possible?

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. The bookshelf will hold primarily small decorative pieces and not actual books. I am thinking about reducing the width of the shelf to 8 or 10 inches. Can someone recommend where I can get walnut boards at a reasonable price locally?
  6. W

Is this possible?

Image added in thread.
  7. W

Is this possible?

I am new to wood working and have done small projects (simple side table, etc) so far. My wife really liked a simple contemporary book shelf at a retail furniture store that was about 1200 bucks! We cant afford that so I am attempting to build this myself. Attached is a sketchup image for the...
  8. W

Shortening the height of the barstool

I have a fancy wood/metal barstool that does not fit too well in the kitchen island in our new home. The legs of the barstool are made up of metal probably hollow steel. I need to shorten the legs of the stool by about 3 inches. What can I use to get this accomplished? Is there any reasonable...
  9. W

decorative curved shelf

I am planning on building a small built in shelf in my family room similar to the one in the picture. My wife really likes the curved shelves that you see in the picture. Any clues as to where I can find such shelves?
  10. W

sheet of glass

Thank you all for the recommendations.
  11. W

sheet of glass

I need a 42inch by 42inch sheet of plain or frosted glass (1/4 to 3/8 inch thick) for a project that I am working on. Can someone recommend where I can buy this at a reasonable price? Thanks!
  12. W

Woodworking newbie with questions!

Hello folks! This is an excellent website. I have just started to learn woodworking and I must say its very exciting. I am interested in making basic closet organizer/shelves for our master bedroom closet. My question: [1] What is the most economical place to shop for white melamine board...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS