Search results

1. C

Jointer-Planer

I have a JJP-12 with the straight knives and have a couple of observations having had several lunch-box planers and a 6 inch jointer. The knife life on the JJP-12 far exceeds that of any of the lunch-box planers with disposable knives. I often joint boards that are 10-12 inches wide prior to...
  2. C

Lee Valley - Free Shipping

Lee Valley is offering Free Shipping thru September 26 http://www.leevalley.com/us/
  3. C

Great Stuff Tip

Good tip going to give it a try. Might be useful to go around corners and work into tight areas where the can won't fit.
  4. C

Stanley Plane Restore (pic heavy)

I am in the process of restoring a Lakeside #4 plane which is very rusty. I am not familiar with "The Works" but it looks like it dis a spectacular job for you. What is "The Works" and where do you get it?
  5. C

Router table addition to table saw

I believe the cast iron wing you speak of is an excellent option, I considered buying it at one time. I did however build a melamine version which worked well but I found that I had to break down the router fence every time I wanted to use the tablesaw so I went back to a standalone router...
  6. C

Cherry Toxicity/Allergies

I believe cherry is mildly toxic to very small children however if it is top coated with shellac it should mask the toxicity.
  7. C

starter thickness planer

I owned a Dewalt 735 for several years and was disappointed with the life of the cutters. When running hardwood such as Walnut the cutter life is unacceptable. There are some after-market cutters that claim better life. For that reason I think I would lean toward the Steel City though I have no...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS