Search results

1. michaelgarner

What wood would you use when using wood for a project?

Good morning Woodslingers! I want to ask the group of experts here for some guidance on what woods can be used for a couple of projects that I have planned. Criteria: Cost: Inexpensive as possible (Pine comes to mind, but may not be as strong as needed) Finish: Will mostly be finished with...
  2. michaelgarner

WTB Stanley 20 or 20 1/2

Hello, I was wondering if anyone in our group has a Stanley 20 or 20 1/2 circular plane they would like to sell. I can find them on eBay, but would rather support and deal within our community. Have a great day. Mike
  3. michaelgarner

Screened in porch

Good evening, Are there any construction professionals that can help me? I have a 10' by 11' porch, slab foundation with a roof. I want to screen it in and use a screen fastrack system. The basic framing I get. What I don't know how to do is connect the 6x6 to the exterior wall that is...
  4. michaelgarner

Cyclone project

Cant wait to finish this project up! Next is the barrel and plumbing and throw together some 6in blast gates.
  5. michaelgarner

Hutch complete

Hello friends, After 3 Army moves I finally pulled up my bootstraps and finished this hutch. It moved with us in varying stages of construction. For some reason this project was my kryptonite. I would work on it some and then pivot on another project to completion. Have you all...
  6. michaelgarner

Lee Valley Discount!!!

Hello friends, I received a Lee Valley gift card for 300.00 as a gift from a family member for Christmas. They asked me what I wanted as a gift and told them a Lie Nielson gift card as I am slowly building my LN plane collection. The gift card was very generous and I don't have the heart...
  7. michaelgarner

Need some wood asap fayetteville area!

Hello everyone! I have a very good friend that is retiring from the navy next month and I have been asked to make his retirement chest. I have a design concept to hold his flag, last uniform,and awards. However I need some lumber to make it happen. I am not looking for a handout or anything...
  8. michaelgarner

Hutch

I am making some progress on this hutch for my wife to display her polish pottery. **I don't know how to turn the pictures**
  9. michaelgarner

Packing up shop

I am in the military and have realized the wooqdworking doesn’t fit right now. I have a lot of handtools and powertools. Unfortunately I am stationed in Hawaii right know so factor in shipping when looking at the following pictures of tools.
  10. michaelgarner

Craftsman 3 in 1 Rotary Workbench

Hello friends, I acquired a discontinued Craftsman 3 in 1 Rotary Bench and need the manual for it. I was able to go on sears and pull one up that they have for sale for 3.95, but for shipping it to Hawaii was 18.00!!!!!! Give me a break sears!!!!! Anyway does anyone a manual for the Craftsman 3...
  11. michaelgarner

Group Resource Purchase Rocker Plans

Hello friends, I just want to see what others may think about this idea that I have been kicking around. I have wanted to build a maloof inspirer rocker for quite a while. Not being close to those that teach it or have done it I am pretty much on my own. Charles Brock from what I can tell has...
  12. michaelgarner

Saw Sets

Hello friends, As I am currently working in my 90% hand-tool shop I have no tablesaw/bandsaw for ripping and re-sawing stock. I have plethora of saws that work well for the work that I do but they will be do for a sharpening soon. I have the files, anvil, and saw brace plus a couple of old...
  13. michaelgarner

"New Update W-Pics" Project-- Bailey Cherry Totes and Knobs

Hello Friends! I am finally back from Iraq (back to Germany with my family that is) and have started the process of making new Totes and Knobs for my Bailey collection for my #3,#4,#5.#6, and #7. I posted earlier about my "Deployment Gift" purchase...
  14. michaelgarner

Same Tool? Why such a cost difference?

Looking to ger a good Yankee screwdriver just to have one and came acrost these two. Seems to me they are from the same company. One you just pay a little more becouse of who its from...
  15. michaelgarner

Hock Blade Purchase (and just a few more things)

Hello friends, I originally started out asking the question which would you buy, Hock blades for refurbed Baileys or WoodRiver handplanes. Here is the original thread http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/f30/hock-blades-chipbreakers-woodrivers-31500/ After reading all of the good advice i decided...
  16. michaelgarner

Hock Blades+Chipbreakers or WoodRivers?

Hello friends, I was thinking of a purchase coming up and i wanted your thoughts. I have a Stanley collection of bench planes 3,4,5,6,7. (some need new totes and knobs, I have some nice cherry from a friend to replace them) some of them are refurbished with original blades and chip-breakers...
  17. michaelgarner

Narex Chisels?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Narex brand of chisels. I am looking at theses http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/narex8mmmortisechisel-setof3.aspx
  18. michaelgarner

Do you have a Veritas Bevel Setter?

Just wondering if anyone has one of these? http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=52403&cat=1,42936,50298 If you do send me a PM becouse I have a couple questions, I need some help.
  19. michaelgarner

Maple Workbench (Two Country's Two State's)

Hello fellow WW’rs! Its been a while since I have posted anything and I just wanted to let you see my latest project that I have completed. I purchased the wood for this bench from Wall Lumber in NC. It went to Hope Mills and was started there, I went to Fort Gordon for school and it followed...
  20. michaelgarner

Veritas Twin-Screw Vice parts

Hello friends, Well I am almost done with my bench. I installed the Twin-Screw Vice and everything was going awesome on the instillation. But when it was time to put the chain on I realized that I was missing a part for the chain, I am missing the "Full-Link" to be able to connect the chain. I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS