Search results

1. J

Mortiser attachment

Those drill press mortisers are known to suck really bad. Even the Delta model.
  2. J

LOW Price for New DW735

I got my DW735X from Amazon several weeks ago when they had it for $444. The HD price was probably the 2nd-best price I have seen for it in a long time though.
  3. J

Hot Deal on Whiteside bits begins Monday March 25th

Thanks for posting this Barry. Got a number of Whiteside bits at 20% less than what Amazon sells them for plus free shipping. You cannot do better than that for Whiteside bits.
  4. J

I was referring to the width of the cut, not the depth. I was wondering how wide a slot should be to accept the 1/8" and 1/4" material sold at the Borgs.
  5. J

I've got a question about slot cutters, and I will post it here as I will be buying several Whiteside bits/etc with this deal. For drawer bottoms, what depth slot cutters should I get if I normally buy stock at the Borgs of the world? Sizes I am interested in are 1/4 and 1/8. Which would work...
  6. J

Time is running out - FREE Shipping ends tomorrow.....Really?

You walk a dangerous line there. I have unsubscribed and never ordered from companies that send too much email regularly, and I am not alone. What you are doing is justifying spam, unless the person opted in to receive regular emails - in which case, it's fine.
  7. J

DW735 Thickness Planer on Raleigh CL

Re: DW735 Thickness Paner on Raleigh CL ? where? No way!
  8. J

6 clamps for $12 - Lowes

Well, of course it does depend on what you are using them for but other than the bar clamps I just don't see a use for the others unless you need REALLY light duty clamping. Those are not useful for anything else. Now, if they work for your purpose that's all that matters - but outside those...
  9. J

6 clamps for $12 - Lowes

IMO, these clamps are junk. The bar clamps are the best of the lot, the others are complete junk. They are going back tomorrow.
  10. J

12 gauge 100' extension cord at Costco for $40

Well, they have them in the Raleigh Costco. Wife picked one up for me today. Cannot find it on Costco website, but this is it: http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Outdoor-Extension-Cord-100Ft/dp/B0069WAM10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323229856&sr=8-1
  11. J

Water separator for small air compressor

Thanks Ethan, really good info. What's prompted all this is the recent purchase of a DeWalt 2-gallon compressor for those little jobs - and for me, most of the jobs I do I would consider 'little'. This little compressor is great but if you do more than 20 nails it is going to cycle. And since...
  12. J

Thanks guys. I think even the smallest refrigerated dryer would cost about as much or more as my PC pancake compressor - but I do appreciate that information anyway. I had to dig to find one on Northern's website, a 2-pack for $25 with nonreplaceable filters. Probably would be good enough as...
  13. J

You guys have any decent recommendations for a small water separator to be used with a 6-gallon pancake compressor? Mine is not oiled so I don't need a oil/water separator - not sure if they all do both. Would be nice if I could pick one up at a local store vs. Internet. I see several on...
  14. J

Ridgid OSS

How long is that promo at Direct Tools running? Thanks.
  15. J

Bosch Skill Saw--like new! - $40 (Greensboro)

If anyone goes to look at this saw, pay attention to the base. It's plastic, and has a tendency to warp/twist. I looked at this one when I was buying a circular saw and opted for a Porter Cable instead. It's a good price, but the saw may only be good for very rough cutting of material. Bosch...
  16. J

Worksharp Leather Hone Kit $7.49 + Shipping @ TylerTools

Not sure where you saw the sale ended, but as of 6pm I could order at the discount price. Thanks to the OP for posting.
  17. J

50% off Fein Multimaster-OpenBox-CPO

That wasn't the serial number you entered, it is what they call an 'article number' -- probably their own internal part number. The serial number is in the bottom right corner of the same label you saw the number you entered - probably begins with "2009-". There is a link on their page to show...
  18. J

Bosch 1587AVSP JS $119.99 Rockler, free ship

Good info. Curious, how does one come across information about what models are made where? Do you perhaps know someone that worked in the New Bern plant?
  19. J

Work Sharp 3000 $135 Sears

It's an intelligence test .. come on now, I know you guys can all pass it :evil3:
  20. J

Fine wood vise

LMAO, $40. Only if it can be proven it was once used by australopithecus robustus.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS