Search results

1. Luckbox72

A Few test bowls

Had some scrap and had watched a few videos on making bowls with out a lathe. So decided to give it a try. Did get a bit messy but would have probably been the same with a lathe. One bowl is 12 inches 2" ambrosia maple, just cleaned up and edge and glued together. One is Walnut 8" diameter...
  2. Luckbox72

Dust Collection

I have a Delta 50-760 and have had it for about 11 years. I was looking to either upgrade it or replace it. I have a simple setup in my garage so I don't have the space or need to setup a central dust collector and then pipe everything in. I have all my equipment on wheels and I wheel out each...
  3. Luckbox72

Bar Height Table

I was able to get a pretty good deal on some rough Walnut and plan on making 3 Bar height tables about 42" by 72". The Walnut is just over 1 inch right now but once I clean it up I am sure it will be thinner than 1 inch. Would this be to thin for a table top. I had thought about doubling up...
  4. Luckbox72

Cross Cut Sled

I am in the process of building 2 new cross cut sleds. One has just one runner an will be to the right of the blade the other will be a full sled. The issue I have is I glued up 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood 4 inches tall for the back fence. I then routed a dado and installed a t track so I can...
  5. Luckbox72

Epoxy Finish

I am work on a set of corn hole boards and the Die-Cut decal was very fine and had a minor issue in the transfer. A few pieces did not stick and I have a couple of raised areas when it is not sticking. I did a very thin coat of polycrylic to get everything to stay in place. I was thinking...
  6. Luckbox72

TV Stand Finished

Took much longer than anticipated but 2 shoulder surgeries, and then waiting for warmish weather so I could apply the finish but the TV stand is now done. It is Hickory. Are floor down stairs is Hickory and teak and really liked the look of the floor so wanted to have a similar look. It is...
  7. Luckbox72

Finish for hickory

Getting close to starting to finish the hickory tv stand.  Now I am trying to figure out the best finish. I took some scrap and tried a matte poly, but it really did nothing to the look and not what I am looking for.  I have also tried a satin water poly and a semi gloss oil. I kind of...
  8. Luckbox72

TV Stand

I am in the process of building a entertainment center/tv Stand It is made out of about 1.5" Hickory so if I fully assemble it will be rather heavy and hard to carry upstairs. So I was thing of finishing each piece individually and then bring up the pieces and doing final assembly in the room...
  9. Luckbox72

Hinges for Garage Cabinet

I am building a large garage cabinet. About 6” high and 34” wide. The shell is simple 2x4 studs and will have shelves that are going to be set and not adjustable. The question is going to be with the doors. Should I frame them with 2x4 and then use normal door hinges? I was thinking of...
  10. Luckbox72

Finished Bench

I finally finished the bench a few weeks back and have been meaning to put some pictures up. The frame is made from I thin white pine and the top is just under 3 inch SYP. The shelves and drawers are 1/2" plywood. I have the two hold downs on the front, and the grizzly vise on the end. I...
  11. Luckbox72

New Saw?

I currently have a Ridgid TS3650 that I bought used about 5 years ago. It was not in the best of shape but I was able to clean up the top and get it running pretty well. I was thinking about purchasing a new table saw. I was looking at the new version Ridgid R4512, The Delta 36-725, but while...
  12. Luckbox72

New Workbench

I am working on a new bench and I have the shell complete. The shell is just a bunch of 2x4 studs. The legs are three that have been jointed, planned and cut to length and then glued together and the main cross pieces are the same. It is mortise and tenon and then screwed together. I plan on...
  13. Luckbox72

Floors locks

Does a one have any experience with floor locks like these http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Double-Pedal-Floor-Truck/dp/B00LGVJ18Y/ref=sr_1_167?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1419634990&sr=1-167&keywords=floor+locks. I was going to start a new workbench build and I am going to need it to be portable but I also...
  14. Luckbox72

Trying to chose between Planers

I am currently trying to determine if I should buy the Makita 2012NB or the Dewalt 735x. The price is about the same. I like the 3 blades of the dewalt and I like the size. It will be on a rolling cart so doesn't really need to be portable. Things I had heard that I don't like are the...
  15. Luckbox72

Outdoor rocking chair

We have a couple of Cracker Barrel rocking chairs that have been outside on our porch for the past 6 years. The finish is worn off. I think they are pine. I am in the process of sanding them down and removing the old finish. When done I was going to refinish them and put them back out on the...
  16. Luckbox72

Jointer Issue

I am not sure if I have an issue with my jointer or if it is me. This last weekend I was trying to true up some stock and ended up with an odd issue. I picked up some stock from capital city lumber and most of it looked pretty square. One board had a bow to it but was cutting the 8ft board...
  17. Luckbox72

Cornhole Boards

The LOMF wanted a set of cornhole boards so I looked around the garage and found some scraps from previous projects and discovered I had enough to build a set. So I bought the paint, logos, and hardware and got to work. She said since I was making them I should make a gator set. I came up...
  18. Luckbox72

Palm Routers

I know this has been discussed before but it has been a few years and there are some new offerings. I was first leaning to the Bosch Colt, but after looking around the Dewalt with the plunge kit looks like it might be the one to beat. Does anyone have any experience with either and even better...
  19. Luckbox72

Screw into plywood edge

I was working on installing a door in my router table using a Blum face frame hinge. As I was attaching it to the plywood frame the screws did not bite into the wood and will not pull the hinge tight. Is there a way to do this. I was think I might need to drill out the hole and then insert a...
  20. Luckbox72

Drawer Installation

Ok this is going to be a first for me. I have made drawers before but I have never used slides. I was looking to figure out how to know the size of the drawer and the slide. I have openings of 15” deep so I figure I will use 14” full extension slide, but the question is it better to install...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS