Search results

1. Luckbox72

Schaff tool chisels

Thanks picked up a set
  2. Luckbox72

A Few test bowls

Thanks. Yes I used a Drill press. I created the blanks, then used a circle cutter to cut the outer and inner circle, but not all the way through on the outside. So I kept the square corners on. Then used the drill press and a forstner bit to clear out the center of the bowl making sure the...
  3. Luckbox72

A Few test bowls

Had some scrap and had watched a few videos on making bowls with out a lathe. So decided to give it a try. Did get a bit messy but would have probably been the same with a lathe. One bowl is 12 inches 2" ambrosia maple, just cleaned up and edge and glued together. One is Walnut 8" diameter...
  4. Luckbox72

Best wood for making a cutting board

All the ones I have built were Ambrosia Maple, Cherry, and Walnut. At first I made face gain boards because I did not have a drum sander. But about a year ago I got a drum sander and ever since then all have been end grain. The drum sander makes the process so much easier. The other purchase...
  5. Luckbox72

Dust Collection

I have a Delta 50-760 and have had it for about 11 years. I was looking to either upgrade it or replace it. I have a simple setup in my garage so I don't have the space or need to setup a central dust collector and then pipe everything in. I have all my equipment on wheels and I wheel out each...
  6. Luckbox72

Bar Height Table

Ok next question. I have the main part of the table glued up. I was going to cut it to length and then add a bread board. I was going to use Dominoes to attach the bread board. The middle would be solid the others would have slight wider cuts on the main table and then a pin push through to...
  7. Luckbox72

Bar Height Table

One more issue that has come up. I have a 6 inch jointer but all the boards are wider the 6 inches. I have been using the planner and taking just the lightest of passes and it is getting the wood pretty flat but I do have a couple of boards over 10" wide that have a bow maybe 1/4". Trying to...
  8. Luckbox72

Bar Height Table

Here is a quick sketup of the table top. I have decided to go 36" x 66" and some where between 1 and 1 1/2" thick. Was thinking to have 8" wide Bread board at each end unless it would look better just straight boards. Still trying to figure out the legs. I think metal legs painted black...
  9. Luckbox72

Bar Height Table

I was able to get a pretty good deal on some rough Walnut and plan on making 3 Bar height tables about 42" by 72". The Walnut is just over 1 inch right now but once I clean it up I am sure it will be thinner than 1 inch. Would this be to thin for a table top. I had thought about doubling up...
  10. Luckbox72

Cross Cut Sled

I am in the process of building 2 new cross cut sleds. One has just one runner an will be to the right of the blade the other will be a full sled. The issue I have is I glued up 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood 4 inches tall for the back fence. I then routed a dado and installed a t track so I can...
  11. Luckbox72

Epoxy Finish

I am work on a set of corn hole boards and the Die-Cut decal was very fine and had a minor issue in the transfer. A few pieces did not stick and I have a couple of raised areas when it is not sticking. I did a very thin coat of polycrylic to get everything to stay in place. I was thinking...
  12. Luckbox72

TV Stand Finished

Ok here is the stand all setup. Of course after I hooked it up I noticed I can see the wires on the left side. Will have to do a little cable organization.
  13. Luckbox72

TV Stand Finished

Took much longer than anticipated but 2 shoulder surgeries, and then waiting for warmish weather so I could apply the finish but the TV stand is now done. It is Hickory. Are floor down stairs is Hickory and teak and really liked the look of the floor so wanted to have a similar look. It is...
  14. Luckbox72

Finish for hickory

for the waterlox do you use the original or the voc compliant version? Also how bad is the smell with waterlox?
  15. Luckbox72

Finish for hickory

Getting close to starting to finish the hickory tv stand.  Now I am trying to figure out the best finish. I took some scrap and tried a matte poly, but it really did nothing to the look and not what I am looking for.  I have also tried a satin water poly and a semi gloss oil. I kind of...
  16. Luckbox72

TV Stand

Thanks. It really needs to be able to be "knock-down" for weight issues. It 1.5" thick because I was going for more of a blocky look and I liked the look of the hickory. I had a mock-up at 3/4" but I didn't like the look of it. Also I have a tendency to build thighs to levels that are way...
  17. Luckbox72

TV Stand

I am in the process of building a entertainment center/tv Stand It is made out of about 1.5" Hickory so if I fully assemble it will be rather heavy and hard to carry upstairs. So I was thing of finishing each piece individually and then bring up the pieces and doing final assembly in the room...
  18. Luckbox72

Hinges for Garage Cabinet

I am building a large garage cabinet. About 6” high and 34” wide. The shell is simple 2x4 studs and will have shelves that are going to be set and not adjustable. The question is going to be with the doors. Should I frame them with 2x4 and then use normal door hinges? I was thinking of...
  19. Luckbox72

Finished Bench

I finally finished the bench a few weeks back and have been meaning to put some pictures up. The frame is made from I thin white pine and the top is just under 3 inch SYP. The shelves and drawers are 1/2" plywood. I have the two hold downs on the front, and the grizzly vise on the end. I...
  20. Luckbox72

New Saw?

Well the saw showed up on Thursday, some damage in shipping. The box the saw came in had a big hole in the side but no damage to the saw, the rail box was all banged up, bit there appears to be no damage, the box the fence was in, one end was missing and the fence was not in the box. The driver...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS