Search results

1. algustaf

Slanted door rail- function or fashion?

I second Bill's comment on true "Craftsman". It wasn't necessary yet makes it all more beautiful to those of us who notice these things because we know the extra effort put into one's work.
  2. algustaf

Shaker style furniture and design

I like the simpler lines personally. I like to work mission/arts & crafts style for the same reasons. Simple doesn't always equate to easy either. Nice work on the sofa table.
  3. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

illuminated pic of pine.
  4. algustaf

Need a cheap 120v buzzer

there should be an overflow pan to catch the condensate under your evap coil on the inside unit. If there is a pan, it should contain a float switch. This float switch should be wired in series with your thermostat. If this is wired in properly, it will prevent the system from operating and...
  5. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

It is an illusion. The door is rectangular with square corners, the case is tapered out 2 degrees on each side. The crown at the top is plumb with the case at the bottom. This may be a better angle to view.
  6. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

Henry Fortunately I was able to select from some premium stock heart of pine. All quartersawn and clear. Most beautiful pine I have ever worked. I usually paint pine, but not this. It changes color and depth similar to a quality maple, etc. This stile is about 2-2.25" wide.
  7. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

Hermle 1161-853 mechanical movement. plans and parts from Clockit. Nice, fun project. Time capsule for the reclaimed heart of pine.
  8. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

Just finished this yesterday. Not mechanically operating yet, but woodwork and case are complete. Made from 150+ year old reclaimed clear quartersawn heart of pine from an old abandoned farm house (I need to tear it down and salvage more wood). Finished clear with General Finishes...
  9. algustaf

Happy Birthday algustaf

Thanks for the B-Day well wishes. I actually got to spend some time reassembling my old Parks planer. Now for some time to get it spinning and making some shavings.
  10. algustaf

Stickley chair gloat

I found this the other day for $150. It is a L & JG Stickley rocker circa 1912-1920. Unfortunately it has been refinished, I am however still so happy to have a piece of Stickley Arts&Crafts / Mission style furniture on my poor man's budget. This is the type of furniture that inspired me to...
  11. algustaf

Electric Motor Problem?

What else is on the circuit? What wire gauge is the circuit wired with and also the gauge of wire from motor to receptacle? What is the amperage rating on the motor nameplate? One more thing, How old is the breaker/panel? compressor motors can use an awful lot of inrush current (amps)...
  12. algustaf

You gotta know what it cost when....

Pawn shops will sell at good deals if you make an offer and be prepared to head for the door. I have picked up several tools at various shops including a great Unisaw for $500 (asking price was $999). Just make your offer and make them decide if they want to sell something today or collect...
  13. algustaf

Where can I buy pulley key?

Fastenal has keystock in Durham.
  14. algustaf

Help me ID this old Dewalt RAS

The industrial line changed very little over the years.
  15. algustaf

check out http://www.owwm.com/ for information on the DeWalt saws. Pics, manuals and lots of info on older machines. As for value, or worth. That is for you to determine what it is worth to you and the seller. Brand new a saw like that is about $4000. Used from $200 to $1500. Depends on...
  16. algustaf

It is not a GE, but looks like a GA. The model # is on an ID plate located on the column. I think that may be from the Black and Decker years as it doesn't have the same Dewalt badge as most of the original Dewalts or the AMF years. It probably has a numeric model # as opposed to the alpha...
  17. algustaf

Is this a good deal?

Looks like a black and white Craftsman 1XX.XXXXX type badge on the one side of it. Try OWWM.com for other pics of similar lathes.
  18. algustaf

Maple 3/4" plywood $69-->$39 at HD NW Greensboro

anyone have a 6 digit item #?
  19. algustaf

Steel City Table Saw CL Danville $700

I thought this seemed pretty reasonable if someone in the triad or triangle is looking. http://danville.craigslist.org/tls/1699436260.html Al G
  20. algustaf

Hi new member from Bahama

I too am in N. Durham and am still trying to get my shop together. I think all of us N. Durham WW's should try to get together and do a mini-crawl sometime. I know additionally that Rich lurkes around here too. Welcome to the site. I am myself more of a lurker but will occasionally post. AL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS