Search results

1. E

Bandsaw Blades

I need new band saw blades, specifically 95" x 3/8th". I haven't had to buy new blades in a long while' so I am asking what are your favorite blades? Appreciate your input, Ed
  2. E

Glass Shower Doors

Our house was built in the early 60's, and I am the 3rd owner. One of our bathrooms has a tub / shower, with those sliding glass shower doors. I would like to remove them, and put in a bowed shower curtain bar. Not in the budget to tear all this tile out and start over, which I want to do...
  3. E

Arnfest pony express request

Is anyone attending Arnfest in Illinois this year? If so, please _PM me if you are willing to bring a small package back with you. Mods: If this is in the wrong place, or is not permitted, please move or delete. Thanks, ED
  4. E

Hello Again

I have been a member here for a while, introduced myself when I joined, but have never posted much. I met Rich Beaudry (Richlife) a couple of weeks ago when I sold him my saw. Rich is a terrific guy. When I read his subsequent post, it got me to thinking. It is sad that I have access to this...
  5. E

Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

We are investigating refacing our kitchen cabinets. The present cabinets are original to this 55 year old house, and although very dated, are built in place and very sturdy and well done. Additionally, tearing these out would be messy, I would almost have to gut the room down to the studs, and I...
  6. E

Free to a Good Home

My 20+ yo, Made in USA, Delta 8" drill press, model 11-900. It is in very good working order, no rust, very very little runout. The switch took a hit in a move about 5 years ago and is held in place with light gauge wire, but could be epoxied. It just doesn't have the power to put forstner bits...
  7. E

Help Identify This Wood

I have been turning for about 7-8 months, mostly bottle stoppers and a few small bowls. Yesterday, I began turning a stopper from a blank I got in a "grab bag" from Woodcraft. There was no label on the blank. It seems to be a medium hard wood, and turns easily. It is bright orange in color...
  8. E

Turner Wanna-be Follow up

This is a great place...thanks to all of you who responded to my original thread. I followed up on Wally's (windopdlr)suggestion, and am scheduled for an all day basic lathe class at the Matthews Woodcraft on Oct.6th. If there are other beginners out there, the class is limited to 6, and...
  9. E

Turner Wanna-be

I have been a member here for a while, just not much of a poster. I have been woodworking as a hobby for many years, but have never done any turning. I am interested in getting started, taking some lessons, getting a lathe, etc. I have and am reading Richard Raffan's "Turning Wood", but would...
  10. E

Magnolia

I have 2 approx 40' southern magnolias (the kind with the big leaves and large white flowers) in my back yard. The yard is small and they have taken over (no grass, leaves all year, etc, etc, so they are coming down. The trunks are about 12-15" in dia at 4" above the ground and very straight...
  11. E

"Simple Living" Festival

As a recent transplant from Florida, I don't know much about this festival, but it looks to be worth a heads up. It is scheduled for Saturday, May 1st, 10AM - 6PM at Dan Nicholas Park near Salisbury. The advertisement promises blacksmithing, woodworking, gunsmithing knife making, guitar making...
  12. E

Another new (old) guy

Registered here a while ago, but just now getting around to an introduction. My wife and I moved to Salisbury last summer from north Florida to retire and live closer to 2 of our children and 3 grandchildren. What a great place to live, and what a great forum! Slowly setting up a basement shop...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS